Thursday, September 28, 2017

Take 265

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I shared about playing Kubb last week, and we've played more! I'm (way too) excited about having a family game that is enjoyed by both littles and adults!
--- 2 ---
One of the crazy features of our car is that if you plug in the phone, the car sends a signal to your phone to play audio content. It's not picking or choosing and seems to have a rubric for which apps to auto start. After a month of owning the car, it started auto playing The Moth... and I couldn't be happier! I totally forgot about this podcast which I used to listen to on the daily during my Boston/Cambridge commute... It was like coming  home a little bit. Happy sigh.
--- 3 ---
It turns out that when I'm learning a new language, I very often forget to say, "Please" (Bitte). I'm so worried about successfully communicating anything that the "icing on top" of being nice is just... well... forgotten.
--- 4 ---
We get a very large pack of Circulars every week. They're in a plastic sleeve and are telling us of the latest and greatest deals at all the local grocery stories and home shops. I want off the list. So badly. That huge stack of papers goes directly into the trash. Nutso.
--- 5 ---
I can't remember if I told you, but we have a neighborhood jack rabbit. This thing is HUGE. Forgive the poor quality of this photo... I just had to share and it's hard to get a "good" photo of the guy--he's jumpy! har. har. har. But actually, he's not. He just runs really fast.

--- 6 ---
Check out this awesome "Living Wall" from a building in Schwerin, Germany:
--- 7 ---
I'll leave you with a proverb I found and liked this week: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today." -Chinese Proverb 
Let that help you plan your weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm stunned! I had NO IDEA a jackrabbit was that big! We named our youngest John and called him Jack - the Wild Jakelope at home. By about fourth grade (in a parochial school) he was being bullied and harassed every moment of his his day (the teacher, counselor, and principal all admitted they'd seen or heard it - they did nothing to change it). We left the church and the school , and John reinvented himself that summer. He's now having a fantastic time at college studying Computer Engineering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear he's bounced back! :) And yes... this animal is as big as my 2 year old!!

      Delete
  2. Did you name the jackrabbit Thumper or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naming it would be funny! However... we can't have anyone attached to it! It can't stay with us! :) haha!

      Delete