Friday, August 04, 2017

Take 257

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Do you know what an awesome Father looks like? Carrying all the things. And carrying you. 
I love this man. And he is so good at loving us.
--- 2 ---
I saw this at the hardware store. I couldn't help but giggle.
--- 3 ---
Our allergies in Germany are intense. George and I are both bothered even while being on medication and Rowan and Brian are both sneezing. It's quite stunning to me. Maybe these are the culprit?
It might be worth it.
--- 4 ---
For those of you who I know pray and hope with us for this sort of thing, I'm happy to report that we did not need to activate our COBRA. We are again insured. If we had had a medical emergency on July 31, we would have been $2,912 in the hole... before care. So grateful... on multiple levels.
--- 5 ---
I was not aware of this before I studied German, but the German r is guttural--just like the French r. My high school French is paying off. Thanks Ms. Baker. And Le Petit Prince.
--- 6 ---
GUYS. It costs seventeen cents to buy a 1.5 liter bottle of sparkling water. You get twenty five cents when you return the bottle for recycling. We are literally being paid to drink sparkling water in Germany. I'm ecstatic. Pour me another glass!
--- 7 ---
SLP2017 (Harvard Graduate School Leadership Program) is in the house! Florence, we're so glad you've arrived and can't wait to see more of our Harvard friends when they arrive!

4 comments:

  1. Deutsch ist sehr interessant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool plant! It's amazing how many plants there are in the world!
    Sorry about the allergies!

    ReplyDelete