Friday, July 28, 2017

Take 256

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Isn't my husband a fabulous photographer? 
Isn't my daughter just the cutest you've ever seen?
What? So, maybe I'm biased. But I couldn't NOT share.
--- 2 ---
Speaking of this girl... I said to Brian after dinner this week, "I'd be happy to offer i-c-e c-r-e-a-m if you think it's fine tonight." In the half a second of space in between my question and his answer, Rowan piped in and said, "I need ice cream." 

Update: my children now know how to spell ice cream and movie. We have begun referring to movies as "cinematic experiences" to try to further discuss the topic in front of them. I think we might have it coming when the kids learn German faster than us...
--- 3 ---
In Germany, vanilla ice cream is called "Vanilla-Bourbon". All vanilla ice cream. Does it taste like bourbon? Absolutely not. I'm a little confused why they added a liquor title to the simplest ice cream flavor... without actually including the flavor of bourbon. In other news, you can buy liquor bottles the way we buy snickers bars here:
--- 4 ---
Ok--one more food related item this week. I was a barista at Caribou Coffee for less than a year. But, it made a big impression on me. I have opinions on how to make the perfect latte. When I order a drink, you can probably tell that I once worked behind the bar... because I know exactly what I want. So, when I go to Starbucks and order an iced latte with a sugar in the bottom--I mean it. Because sugar does NOT dissolve into cold liquid. Never has. Never will. When you say "Yes" to my request to put a sugar at the bottom, I'm pretty disappointed when you don't... because you've now handed me a cold latte that will never dissolve the correct amount of sugar. And the last sip will be disgusting.

Iced lattes start with hot espresso, the perfect liquid to absorb a small amount of sugar. If you refuse to do this, please let me know so that I can change my order and add a pump of something sweet.

Oh my. That's turning into its own post. Hah. Good thing we own our own espresso machine, now! Lol.
--- 5 ---
I am in love with the Apple watch's ability to "ping" my iPhone. When I can't find my phone, I ping it, it rings, and I find it. I have found myself wishing that I could "ping" everything with my Apple watch--a pen, my iPad, the Lego guy that my kids are asking about, my morning cup of coffee... you get the idea.
--- 6 ---
We've been renting cars in Germany until we buy a car. Every car we've rented has been stick shift. I would like to propose that manual cars be our next strategy on how to get everyone to stop texting and driving. Seriously. There ain't no brain space or hand free to be texting. Especially in traffic when you might be more prone to text and rear-end.
--- 7 ---
I'm not sure I'll ever get used to German police sirens. Multiple times per day I get a hankering to watch Jason Bourne, or expect to see a car speeding by with him in it... because... wee-ooo wee-ooo wee-ooo

5 comments:

  1. Zagorka3:37 AM

    It's not Vanilla-bourbon, it means Bourbon-Vanilla as in a special sort of the vanilla plant :-). No liquor in the icecream....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah! I had no idea there was a bourbon vanilla! I'll have to look into that...

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised you know how to drive a standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I wish I could remember when I learned or who taught me!

      Delete
  3. #7 Ha yes! During my 3.5 months in Rome, I never got used to the police sirens. I always thought of Jason Bourne or that I must be in a movie.

    ReplyDelete