Friday, April 07, 2017

Take 242

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I know that I'm a child of the 90s. Occasionally I feel like a child of the 80s, but then I remember that I firmly believe that Celine Dion's wind pipe's can totally kill it and I realize: Nope. I'm a child of the 90s. And yes, I did own Pogs... and a Slammer.
--- 2 ---
Sometimes, when there's one person running to the bus, I think to myself, "But, Lord! If there's only ONE person left, will you slow down and stop the bus for them?!?" I really try not to frustrate when the bus stops, making 20 people later in order to pick up one. :) And once, it stopped for me. Literally. And figuratively. And I was grateful. Both times.
--- 3 ---
I might buy Rowan a box of crayons to “undress” from their paper wrappings about once per month. The quiet it creates is diiiiivine. And yes, this is a triumph for me. I am definitely tempted to scold her and require her to keep our crayons "perfect". So, I'm learning.
--- 4 ---
Speaking of Rowan... I wanted to tell you that she enjoys identifying her nuk almost more than any other family member that appears on out apple TV slideshow of photos. Once we went to the library filled with books and interactive toys. She talked to me over and over and over again about the sweet baby who hadnuk attached to her outfit. And yes, the doctor has reminded me that we will eventually need to wean her from it. But, she was a late bloomer (9 months!), so I feel a bit more lenient on that front.
--- 5 ---
I put a tiny pinprick hole in my thumb this week. No big deal--I can't even remember how it happened anymore. But, I'm happy to report that Touch ID on my iPhone still worked just fine! Crazy.
--- 6 ---
I finished a book for the first time in over a month yesterday! (The Temperament God Gave Your Kids) There's nothing like finishing a book to motivate me to start 3 more. Seriously. I get all giddy about the selection process fun.
--- 7 ---
I have come to the realization lately that I run into things a lot. Well, that's not quite true... I've known that for some time. I have come to the realization of WHY I run into things... And I think it's simply because I work to be efficient... in all things, including the path I take to go anywhere. I ran into that desk and got a huge bruise on my thigh because walking into it saved me three steps to the left on my way to the break room. (And I didn't see it because I'm walking fast... because... efficiency, yo.) I know. It's as crazy as it sounds... But I think it might be accurate. 

Happy Friday!

Just a note: in observance of Holy Week next Friday, I won't be blogging. May the Lord prepare our hearts for Easter and may our celebrations be filled with joy!

Oh? You wanted a photo? Sure. :)



4 comments:

  1. Pogs and slammers! Thank you for reminding me of this! Man, those were thebomb.com back in the day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always running into things too -- trying to do too much in too little time. Ha, ha. Just discovered your blog. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Moira! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete