Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter!


"Mama!" he yell whispered, walking into our room in the darkness of the 5 a.m. hour... "What's in the living room?!" He crawled into bed next to me, looked me square in the eyes and said, "I think it's jelly beans!" (Yes. I made him go back to bed.)

Never mind the absence of baskets (2016 purge, thank you very much)--there were jelly beans! I watched as my toddlers stood in disbelief around a coffee table with a bowl of candy at their eye level. Dreams were coming true as there were zero reprimands as they consumed candy prior to any other food touching their lips that morning.

I have been sipping my coffee with sugar each morning, aware of the Resurrection with each sip at the start of my day--not a bad way to sacrifice and then feel the party.

We had a lovely weekend filled with family, new friends, and old friends, too. I sat around a table of more than 15 people for brunch, aware of what a wild year it's been. Grad school has been good to us, but mostly, people have been good to us. At the beginning of the year, it'd be hard to believe that among Brian's cohort would be so many friends... including special ones that our children would declare "Uncle". 

There are so many things to be grateful for! It's just another reminder to lean into each season... Here we are, in a completely different season than we were one year ago, and soaking up all that is glorious about this particular season...

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder that we have so much to be grateful for! Sometimes, we just need to take a moment to count (and recognize) our blessings. I'm trying to get better at recognizing them.

    Thank you for the reminder.

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete