Friday, March 03, 2017

Take 237

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
George said to Brian, in response to Rowan screaming (not so nicely) at him, “Do you see her!? She’s beautiful, but she’s *screaming* at me!”
--- 2 ---
Lent is here! I must admit, as we went to church this week, that I was struck by the privilege of being able to attend such a beautiful church:
Don't get me wrong... they sing music that is *impossible* to follow... But yes. that church. (And yes, I forgot my big girl camera... so more photos to come some day.)
--- 3 ---
I finally found a face wash that we like without earth-ruining  plastic micro-beads. Unfortunately, it seems that no one from this company actually opened the bottle they designed and created... because it's nearly impossible to open. Argh.
--- 4 ---
I have a charging station at my bedside! Thank you, Melanie! Seriously, though. This is a concrete step toward what I hope to be able to say to my grandchildren some day: "I remember when everything had a cord for electricity and we had to plug it into a wall! Then in corners we'd have this mess of ugly where all the cords would meet. It was awful." (They'll stare at me wide-eyed, wondering how we beautified any space back-in-the-day.) 
My bedside is so pretty! And so cordless!
--- 5 ---
I'm thinking there must be some stand-up routine or hilarious post regarding personality types and their approach to Lent. This occurred to me as I laughed at myself yesterday because whenever Lent starts I get this vague conviction that all of life must be difficult for Lent. I have a few firm resolutions for sacrifice--but the gung-ho part of my personality also tries to dabble in any other sacrifices at all hours. (Believe me, this does not last all 40 days. And yes, I do try to resist the everything-should-be-miserable method, because everything should not be miserable! Miserable is not the point!)
--- 6 ---
Speaking of everything should not be miserable... I don't know about you, but I plan to take advantage of a buy-one-get-one free macchiato at Starbucks this weekend. Right? Find a friend! Treat a friend! Make a friend! 
--- 7 ---
The daffodils are popping up! I can't believe it! I'll admit that I'm dreaming a little of our old McKinley Avenue yard and excited that the new owners will get to enjoy the unbelievable show of perennials.


No comments:

Post a Comment