Friday, February 10, 2017

Take 234

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
When it comes to being a pedestrian, I'm happy to let car traffic flow. I get it. If the light is green and my crosswalk is halfway between two lights (and I always have the right of way), I may have the right of way, but it doesn't make sense for everyone to stop just because I want to cross the street. However, when it's cold or raining... I'm walkin'. hah.
--- 2 ---
It might sound silly, but I'm a little sad that Scopa is closing. Mary Calla took us there when we visited in 2013, and boy, did we fall in love with their awesome food. I ate rabbit meat that day. And loved it. WHAT?! I know. (I'm happy to hear when people decide to make choices for their growing families in order to simplify life. That's beautiful.) Wish I could go eat there one last time!
--- 3 ---
When I come home, I have the option of two buses: the Harvard bus and the city bus. And you know what? I hate the Harvard bus. It smells like a chemical lab. 
--- 4 ---
It's true that the snow has kind of complicated life, but I'll admit it: I got a nice nap yesterday, I got to cook dinner at the normal time of day (5 pm!) and this. is. beautiful.
--- 5 ---
I created an email filter so that all of my clothing email advertisements end up in a folder. (I'm looking at you LOFT). It was genius. I haven't seen a clothing ad in months. However, I also haven't taken advantage of them, either.
--- 6 ---
Magda Gerber says that the best toys are 90% child and 10% toy. I like that. Bring on the play dough, blocks, snow, crayons, etc, etc, etc.
--- 7 ---
I have a cold this week, along with my two poor kiddos. I got on an elevator and forgot to push a button. I called our river the Cambridge river. Nope. It's the Charles. I walked in the building after walking in the rain and slipped on the marble. I've served leftovers because  I didn't have anything else in me. It's been quite the week. Friday, you are welcome here. Praying for health for my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment