Friday, January 06, 2017

Take 229

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Marmie's home! Marmie's home!! We've been expectorating her for hours!!!
Really. She's here! And George went to bed last night saying, "I'M SO EXCITED FOR MARMIE COMING!!!"
--- 2 ---
If you have a spare moment, go ask Siri if she can rap. G'ahead. Go. 
--- 3 ---
Ok. Welcome back! While I'm sending you other places... My Dad's Aunt Jule passed away recently and her obituary lays out what an amazing woman she was. She graduated from college at 18! 
--- 4 ---
George loves Frosting the Snowman. Just like his cookies. 
--- 5 ---
It is the new year... Thanks to my job, I'm now signed up for a Health App, Rally. I joined a "Mission" to walk 5,000 steps per day. It's really not that much... Thanks to walking to the bus and train, I don't have to try too hard. The most amazing part? I synced the app with my phone and discovered it's been covertly counting my steps for months. The day before Thanksgiving when I was sightseeing? That was my biggest day since July! Phones are amazing.
--- 6 ---
I made yellow popcorn. A 1/2 cup of yellow popcorn is about 1/2 the volume of the same amount of white popcorn. Isn't that crazy? Since you've asked, Yes. White popcorn is superior.
--- 7 ---
Happy Epiphany! Here's the best Rocka-fell-a Cent-a shot I've ever gotten at Christmastime... 
Also... I don't have any Epiphany traditions... so let me know your favorites and I'll try to adopt them... We'll see what we can do since I work all day today. Hah!

4 comments:

  1. Little Women reference!
    The last couple yrs I've made these for Mardi Gras, but there are always so many treats around. I've always thought it was great that King cake is meant to be served from Epiphany to Mardi Gras, so I'm making these Sunday. http://eclecticeveryday.com/easy-mini-king-cakes-for-mardi-gras

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all, you can totally celebrate Epiphany this Sunday instead of today :) We stole the Brewers' tradition of giving books "from the Wise Men" on Epiphany. I might also make a King Cake, or cinnamon rolls. In past years - I learned this from Jen Havard - I've had the Wise Men from our Nativity sets far away from the manger, and they moved closer as Epiphany approached. Forgot to do that this year - oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas! This year we enjoyed time with Marmie :) And that was plenty!

      Delete