Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Book List

God love the children. Especially the two who went to bed at normal hours last night, slept through the night, and are still sleeping at 7:12 a.m. You are Mama's favorites. Both of you!

Well, I'm checking in here at the end of 2016 and wanted to share with you my 2016 book list! This year, I read 30% more books than last year. Maybe the books were shorter this year? That'd be too much analysis for a simple post like this, but I will say that thanks to my book club, an hour and 20 minutes of commuting each work day and a definite change in life for our family (hello, Harvard), I've definitely read more this year than I have in past years... 

My favorite statistic on books read in a year is the year I was dating Brian... TWO. I read TWO books that year. We started dating in January, got engaged in August and got married the following year in February. Two books was... probably a lot for how much we did and communicated that year! Hah.

So, without further ado... My booklist of 2016!


Lila (Robinson)
The Help (Stockett)
I am Malala (Lamb & Yousafzai)
Between the World and Me (Coates)
Crazy Love (Chan)
It’s So You (Warren)
The Shell Seekers (Pilcher)
Cleaning House (Wyman)
Screw tape Letters (Lewis)
Real Marriage (Driscoll)
Mother Teresa: Come be my Light (Kolodiejchuk)
Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse (Worth)

Momnipotent (Danielle Bean)
Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End (Worth)

I think that The Shell Seekers was my favorite. I wanted that book to continue long after I finished it... Thanks, Charlene, for sending it to me (when I was pregnant with George! hah). 

The list of books I want to read in 2017 is long... Maybe I'll top my 13 books of 2016? Maybe I'll shoot for 17 books in 2017? How about you? What were your favorites of this past year?

Happy Wednesday morning, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment