Friday, November 18, 2016

Take 223

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I can't believe the percentage of people whose jacket "tails" or "sides" in the back are still sewn together in the loose "X" that the manufacturer sews in. I always want to tap people on the shoulder--Hey--you're supposed to undo that! I haven't done it, yet. Which I'm sure is the right decision. [Instead, I'll just tell you about it.]

--- 2 ---
Speaking of clothing, I have these fabulous Born boots that I bought 6 years ago... right in time to wear on my first date with Brian! Hah. Time flies. Well, there's one tooth of the zipper on one side that will eventually give, and I stopped in to a shoe repair shop to get an estimate. Sixty five dollars. Oy vey.
--- 3 ---
This week I stood in the kitchen as my children played happily (what?!) in their room... And George said (out of the blue), "Hey Rowan! Wanna play swords?!"
--- 4 ---
I've (again) started out small. 15 minutes of yoga each morning. And yes, I'm seeing awesome results--I broke three plastic utensils this week.
--- 5 ---
We've never had internet in our bedroom since we moved to Cambridge. (Thank you, fire walls.) It always felt like a tiny bit more than a small thing... Then Brian realized we could download an episode on Amazon prime and watch "offline". I have now watched three shows in bed. In PJs. It's diiiiviine.
--- 6 ---
Eataly is coming to Boston! I was so bummed that we never made it to the one in Chicago... And now there's one a few blocks from my work! Hooray!
--- 7 ---
I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving! I'm thinking of inviting Ron Swanson to our later evening fun and festivities. How about you?

I know that I didn't have photos for last week... So I give you one of my favorite shots from my girls' weekend away (which believe me! you'll be hearing more about!):

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw that you got those boots before your first date with Brian ... I too went shoe shopping before my first date with Pete :) Like they're looking at our feet right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So funny. And YES, Brian did notice and like my boots... I might have to get them fixed! Ach! :)

      Delete