Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Impossible

"It is impossible for us not to speak about what we have seen and heard".
(Acts 4)

I've felt this before. 

The day I had a diamond placed on my finger (while watching the sun set over Lake Michigan!) after saying one simple word: yes. 



That day, it was impossible for me not to speak. 

After both of my babies were born and placed on my chest... Ok. Ok. I needed probably an hour before I was ready to shout from the rooftops-be they Facebook, blog or actual rooftops, but STILL. 



Both of those days, January 26 and August 8, it was impossible for me not to speak.

There were smaller, quiet moments, too.
 Moments where I felt alone and the Lord promised me people and friends.
Moments when years of jaw pain simply subsided because I had asked the Lord for it.

Sometimes, it feels as though I'm not speaking about what I've seen and heard.

But today?

"Let them discourse of the glory of your Kingdom and speak of your might."
Psalm 145

I offer my own simple discourse.
I'm grateful. My family. Our life.
And you know what? God. God has given these gifts.
This is the Kingdom. This is his world.
And I'm astounded.
And I'm with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment