Friday, July 29, 2016

Take 207

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Cheers to today! Yesterday was the last day with the temperature being above 90 for the foreseeable future! My family has been SO patient with this heat... but seriously No. AC. This butter says it all about how they/we feel:

(Note: this butter was liquid, like a moat around a castle... This photo was taken after it had been resolidified and put back into the fridge... so it doesn't even convey all of the heat that has been up in this house.)
--- 2 ---
I finished reading Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates this week. It's required reading for Brian and I very much enjoyed it. It made me think, observe and search my own assumptions and experiences. I highly recommend it... Especially listening to it while riding public transportation in a city.

--- 3 ---
Are you coming to town anytime soon? Here's a tip: you can buy a one way ticket for $2.75. OR, you can get a CharlieCard (for free) and pay $2.25. Riddle me that. 
PS- get the CharlieCard.
--- 4 ---
This week I learned that when a business is having their windows cleaned, you have to watch out for "rain". 

In other news... How often do they need to clean the windows of this building and how long does it take?! I have a mind to walk into the front lobby and ask that question in all seriousness.
--- 5 ---
Do you have trouble with passwords? Well, let me tell you. When it comes to authenticating questions, I hate having to choose. What's your favorite color? Favorite grade school teacher? Favorite anything? Seriously? I would never be able to know what answer I've made up in two years when I can't remember and need to reset my password... Because I don't have a favorite color.
--- 6 ---
Every time I shake to undo some action on my iPhone... I feel like an idiot. Am I the only one? What Apple employee dropped the ball on proposing an action for the undo function and made up shaking it as an on-the-fly, in the conference room solution? Because that's how I imagine they came up with that idea.
--- 7 ---
I did it! It's Friday of my first full week of work in 2.5 years. In addition to that, I've slowly carried all of my study books to work this week, which has meant carrying two bags to work each day on public transportation... And I'm done! They're all at work. A small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment