Friday, June 17, 2016

Take 201

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Life in a one bedroom apartment for our interim time before heading to Cambridge has led to some apartment hacks... Or rather, they're hotel staples. Our coffee is in our bathroom. Because the babies are (sleeping) in the living room/dining room/kitchen... I could absolutely kiss the makers of our Krups coffee maker because anytime I need to unplug it so that my hair dryer can get plugged in, the clock doesn't get reset. Apparently, it has enough "juice" to continue on (with it's set timer!) while it gets momentarily unplugged and plugged back in. So. Awesome. (And no, it wasn't $150 when we bought ours!)
--- 2 ---
My job search continues. It's as fun as it sounds... One funny effect of job searching is that I assess my current work based on its value for future interviews... "Will this fit into an example of a time where I proposed change in my work place?" "Does this qualify as an example of a time where I handled conflict well and reasonably between multiple parties?" Behavioral assessment interviews: Here I come.
--- 3 ---
I went to the dentist this week and had zero cavities! Donuts all around! Cheers!
--- 4 ---
Speaking of the dentist, I was inspired to time how long I brush for and to say the least... it wasn't the recommended 2-3 minutes. I've been trying it and it reminds me of how slow 25 mph feels in a school zone.
--- 5 ---
Aldi has an assorted cracker box with a section of crackers with pepper. They're gross. It literally burns your mouth and adds nothing to the cheese and cracker experience. I'll have to stick to one cracker type in order to avoid them.
--- 6 ---
Last night at dinner, Rowan crawled out of the room and eventually started whining... Brian went to go pick her up and LO! She was no where to be found... Because she had climbed up a whole flight of stairs! Seriously, girl? You amazing. (And we're lucky your first stair adventure was so successful!)
--- 7 ---
I haven't been baking. I've discovered that I don't really want to create the extra dishes when we're dishwasher-less... and I haven't. And you know? I kind of miss it. So, I think it's worth it. Maybe tomorrow I'll make some bread. Celebrate Friday with carbs! Or maybe we'll just make ice cream in our awesome maker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment