Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Spring Capsule Wardrobe

You might recall that I began this project in the Fall of 2015. I learned a few things, pitched a few things and was happy to continue with the Winter of 2015. I'd like to admit that the Spring of 2016 could be most aptly be named, "The Cheating Capsule Wardrobe Season". I discovered that as the term postpartum became a little more distant, I was able to fit into some dresses... and boy, did I deviate from the capsule! (Note photo in center at the bottom.) It was lovely to deviate and lovely to fit into old favorites. But, in any case, the capsule of clothing was still there, ready to fall back on and I still found it helpful. So, without further ado, I give you:

Mary's Spring Capsule Wardrobe 2016

Ann Taylor Loft Pink shirt
Light blue ruffle shirt
Amazon Periwinkle and white striped shirt
ATLoft Green knit shirt
Mauve button down

Kohl's Turquoise dress w/ flower
Linen dress pants
ATLoft Pink floral skirt
(Amazon) Blue skirt
ATLoft Jeans


I am still very much enjoying this way of thinking about clothing. Most notably, I don't keep "extra" items to keep me "safe" in the wardrobe department if they are old, tired, or items in which I don't feel pretty. I find that liking the clothes I'm in (or knowing my husband likes the clothes I'm in) translates to all sorts of confidence. That's a win! And on to summer!

1 comment:

  1. you look lovely! I enjoy seeing your capsule all at once ... even though I see a piece of it every Monday :)

    ReplyDelete