Friday, April 08, 2016

Take 191

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
I know we're good friends and good friends don't need to start out their conversations about the weather... because, you know: good friends. But it's snowing in April. Good friends need to be there for each other when the going gets tough... and it's tough. It's snowing in April. Thank you, good friend, for allowing me to complain.
 --- 2 ---
Speaking of good friends, look at these awesome people! I got to see them for a brief visit and boy, do I love these people. Thanks for stopping in, Andrea, Aaron, Oscar and Greta!

--- 3 ---
I have discovered a great road trip preparation idea: shower the night before. We had to be in the car at 7 a.m. with two babies this past Sunday... and we were almost on time! hah. I also didn't have to get up at 4 a.m. because... I was already showered! For the win.
--- 4 ---
Where did we go? Indianapolis! The kiddos and I hit the road and visited my parents at the same time as my sister and her kiddos... It was great fun! 
Thanks for the photo, Melanie Reyes Photography!
Also of note: the Indianapolis Zoo is fantastic and I can't wait to go back! 
--- 5 ---
We saw a whole crop of wind turbines on our road trip... Which George absolutely loved. And always makes me think of Don Quixote. (And whenever I think the words "Don Quixote", I can't help but sing The Man! of La! Mancha! from the musical... Which of course leads to Dulcinea!!!)

--- 6 ---
It took me three shipments of multiple shoes from Amazon and lots of research by my husband... but I finally got new running shoes! 
#doIneedtorunnow?
George insisted that his shoes be added to the line-up.
--- 7 ---
I am well aware that I am a blank Yankee. I am not from the South. Yes, I lived south of the Mason Dixon line for 10 years, but no, the DC Metro region does not count as the south. So, I fully admit that I may be misinformed, BUT.

Y'All. 
Not Ya'll. 

Because you all. Not ya all. Right?! Someone tell me if I'm way off. Because it gets to me. Every time. (And who am I? A Yankee. So I have no right.)

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely y'all! (because you take out the "ou" from you and replace w/ the apostrophe).... But I'm an hour east of Indy, so also not a southerner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire Childs1:01 PM

    From the heart of Dixie (Birmingham, Alabama), it's definitely y'all. My iPhone even knows it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow in April kills me. I want to go to the beeeeeeach!

    ReplyDelete