Friday, April 01, 2016

Take 190

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
He is Risen! We had a lovely Easter celebration and per our usual, it included chorizo and candy. For a change, I didn't go crazy and make a morning baked-good and I made cheesecake because well... my Christmas cheesecake was a total #nailedit. And redemption, you know.
 --- 2 ---
I spent more than a few years celebrating Easter at George Mason University's chapel in Fairfax, Virginia. And every year, Fr. Peter does a solo at the end of Mass. And every Easter, I'm still kind of bummed not to be able to enjoy it... Then I saw that they posted it! Too Fun.
--- 3 ---
We had the opportunity to go out for a drink at Tapastrie in South Bend recently (our second time to that restaurant) and I do declare that the way to do that restaurant is to sip a cocktail at the bar and order an appetizer or dessert or two. Because their Manhattans are divine and in the words of the bartender, "The only thing we don't have here is a hurry." 

Which is exactly what I need on a date night.
--- 4 ---
Brian and I watched Men at Lunch this month. No, they didn't have all the answers, but boy was it fun! I also started listening to Lila by Marilynne Robinson this week, which also is set somewhat in the depression. These men and women who survived such times are strong people. I am amazed.
--- 5 ---
In case you missed my winter capsule wardrobe (which I don't miss at! all! Yay spring!), here it is. But I also wanted to mention to you that a major perk of wearing boots for 3 months? You can wear whatever crazy socks you want and no one is the wiser. 

--- 6 ---
We got to celebrate Sean and Hannah's engagement this past week! It was fun to be together, raising a glass to them!
 Thanks for your awesome hospitality, Brian and Beth! As ALWAYS!
--- 7 ---
Did you know that my husband is 6 feet tall and I'm 5'4" and we never have to change the position of the driver's seat? :)

Happy April Fools!
(Yes, everything above is real and not a joke. Or maybe it's a joke, depending on whether or not you laughed.)
Happy Birthday, Uncle Tom!

2 comments:

  1. How do you pull off #7? That is less than our height difference (6'2" to 5'6") and I can ALWAYS tell when he's been driving my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of Hannah and Sean from their party! Wish I could have been there to know what Hannah was cracking up about!

    ReplyDelete