Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Selling our home

I really didn't like the two weeks before listing our home on the market. Getting our home inspected, house projects and deep cleaning with two babies underfoot is enough to make most families come down with colds, and our family was no exception. :) It was a lot of work-but it was worth it!

But now that the house is listed, I am reveling in the glory of a totally clean and decluttered home, in a season where it's best for us to enjoy out of the house activities (Park! Zoo! Family walks! Dinner on the patio!) instead of staying in (and dirtying) our home. This is particularly a treat for me, whose natural inclination is always to stay home and clean.

I have found myself waxing poetical about our first home together. This home greeted us from our honeymoon, welcomed our new babies, provided us with perennial flowers almost all year long, and has simply been our little haven. So, I thought I'd link to a post on Sarah's blog (a guest post by Laura) that I've read and saved in preparation for our move. It rings true for me and I sincerely hope a wonderful family moves into our home.


"Open our eyes to take the long view, worrying less about how we will get it all done and imagining more the memories we will create in a new space."

7 comments:

  1. beth pingel10:18 PM

    You've done so much living in this home! It can be so emotional to leave a space that has held so much love and meaning! Excited for your new adventures, but I will have a large hole in my heart when I drive by the lovely blue home on my way to school each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! We will certainly miss you!

      Delete
  2. I totally get it, Mary - this whole post really speaks to me. I still miss our first house sometimes, even though we've created the more memories and blessings in our new place your blogger friend talked about. It is special how a house you live in during good times (and bad) can be a part of your family, too - you all have been so blessed, and it will be a joy on your visits to South Bend to drive by with the kids and wave "hello" to your old place...this is something I've always done when I pass by one of my old house "friends" :-) wishing you a smooth showing/selling period and so much wonderful in your new Boston adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nichole! It will always certainly hold a place in my heart...

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:25 AM

    very well written, Mary! We also want to sell our house but are not nearly as ready as you are. A priest once told me that people talk about having roots, but that people don't have roots-they have feet. You are proving this. Hope your house sells quickly and God bless the future plans you make with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving out of a house you have shared so many wonderful experiences in will always be emotional. It is a scary prospect moving somewhere new and letting go of the normal. Your home looks amazing and I'm sure somebody wonderful will move in. I always think it's time for somebody else to make fabulous memories like yours. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete