Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Winter Capsule Wardrobe

This is my second season with a capsule wardrobe of sorts
You can see my first attempt here


Mary's Winter Capsule Wardrobe

Cream and grey shirt
Fuchsia shirt
Pink cable knit sweater
Cream Sweater
Mauve button down
Blue work polo
Black cowl neck sweater
Grey striped cardigan
Grey cardigan
Black nursing dress
Jeans
Grey Dress Pants
Grey pattern skirt
Black boots - tall


Things I've learned:
  • I definitely got sick of my clothes this time around. That was partly due to the fact that it was less articles of clothing and I really needed another pair of pants. You'll notice my corduroy jacket in the top right picture... It wasn't a part of my capsule, and I splurged and it was divine.
  • I had several different pink shirts. I got sick of pink. Won't do that again.
  • Sweaters take longer to launder. It made my capsule wardrobe feel a bit tight some weeks when sweaters were air drying.
  • Seasonal layers were tricky. We've had a crazy winter--blizzards to balmy. I found myself at a loss for the perfect combo.
  • I can put up with some things for three months. I basically wore my black boots the entire three months. I didn't hate it, but I did wear them down... 
  • I bought three Ann Taylor Loft shirts that I love. After two months, two of them had tiny holes at the waist line. (Soft tees are delicious. But don't last.)
  • Never figured out what it was... but the cream sweater got a yellow dot stain right in the middle of it. It was new and it nearly killed me. Such sadness. (Maybe I should wait until I'm an empty nester to own cream sweaters???)
I will begin a new capsule wardrobe with Easter and I'm downright giddy about it! I've gone through the boxes and I'm delighted by how many things I can wear that I haven't worn in a couple of years... It's a fun effect of capsule wardrobes: I plan my wardrobe better and enjoy it more!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I got a couple of tiny holes at the waist too this year. I didn't know their origin and I was bummed. Don't plan on empty nesting thrills. I'm ready to buy a "clothing protector" as we called bibs in the nursing home world! Whether it's pens, highlighters, or spaghetti sauce, they find a way to my shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sent in a complaint to Ann Taylor Loft... We'll see what they say. :) They said they'd reply within 24 hours... 2 days ago. hah!

      Delete