You can see my first attempt here.
Mary's Winter Capsule Wardrobe
Things I've learned:
- I definitely got sick of my clothes this time around. That was partly due to the fact that it was less articles of clothing and I really needed another pair of pants. You'll notice my corduroy jacket in the top right picture... It wasn't a part of my capsule, and I splurged and it was divine.
- I had several different pink shirts. I got sick of pink. Won't do that again.
- Sweaters take longer to launder. It made my capsule wardrobe feel a bit tight some weeks when sweaters were air drying.
- Seasonal layers were tricky. We've had a crazy winter--blizzards to balmy. I found myself at a loss for the perfect combo.
- I can put up with some things for three months. I basically wore my black boots the entire three months. I didn't hate it, but I did wear them down...
- I bought three Ann Taylor Loft shirts that I love. After two months, two of them had tiny holes at the waist line. (Soft tees are delicious. But don't last.)
- Never figured out what it was... but the cream sweater got a yellow dot stain right in the middle of it. It was new and it nearly killed me. Such sadness. (Maybe I should wait until I'm an empty nester to own cream sweaters???)