Friday, October 30, 2015

Take 172

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Brian and I seized the autumnal moment last Friday and took a walk around Notre Dame to admire our favorite season... 
And I discovered proof that I need more work as a photographer:
 --- 2 ---
But I also discovered proof that photography (as an amateur) is still worth my time:
--- 3 ---
Growing up in a home with four girls, my mother made very strict rules surrounding the manicure world. No, no, not what colors were OK, but rather, where in the house you could paint your nails and what was under your hands (paper!towel!) when you were painting them or using the lovely acetone-heavy liquid substance (nail polish remover). 

I'm sure she would report only mild obedience from me (so sorry, Mom!), and I've continued to be a bit haphazard in my own home about these rules. Well, this week, in my haphazard-ness, I tipped the (100%! acetone!) bottle over my lap to wet the end of a q-tip and (stupidly.) poured at least a quarter cup of the magic liquid onto my black pants (thank God they were PJs!).

Well, you'll be shocked (as was I!) that... nothing. happened. 

This magic liquid that in my mind was built up to acid levels of liquid fear (will burn through anything it touches...) did... nothing. A quick rinse and the pants are fine. Not even discoloration! 
Crazy.
--- 4 ---
George has a book from Miss Jenn that she couldn't resist gifting because Jesus is a redhead... Well, Miss Jenn... George roars like a lion every time we open the book. 
Bahaha.
--- 5 ---
This week we made the cauliflower pesto pasta from Deb Perelman's The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. What an adventure! It wasn't my absolute favorite, but as an interesting vegetarian meal... I think I'll make it again! I guess I do always love pasta...
--- 6 ---
On Monday, I go back to work! 12 beautiful weeks of maternity leave are over and I'm so grateful to have had them. I'm so honored by Beth who took George for our usual 20 hours per week which gave me sweet time with Rowan and helped George ease into the transition of being a family of four. I am forever in awe of the amount of support we have.
--- 7 ---
Happy Halloween from Donna Paulsen, from Suits! (Yes, I tried to pull this off and no. no. one. at work watches the show. Sigh.) :)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Going back to work can be rough; praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! I'm looking forward to it, and certainly praying for the transition time for my whole family!

      Delete