Friday, October 02, 2015

Take 168

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
We've made so many advances. The world is digital, we no longer rewind our VHS tapes, our seats in our car can keep us warm, babies swing from battery power... AND, YET! I go to an ATM and MUST choose a denomination of 20 when I withdraw cash. 
First World Problem Numero Uno.
--- 2 ---
We got our family in the car, we ordered pizza from our favorite Brooklyn friend in the midwest, we drove 40 minutes... we got to Lake Michigan... And FLIES. Biting flies! There were swarms of them at our legs--probably about 50 flies per person... unbearable! In case you'd like to know more...
Don't worry-- we were there long enough to snap a few pictures... of only G! hah.
--- 3 ---
Do you hate cleaning mini-blinds? We have them on almost all of our windows and there were two of them that particularly needed a good cleaning--the one over the kitchen sink and the one in our upstairs bathroom. Instead of cleaning every single blind, I took the whole thing off, hosed it down and let it dry in the sun. Wow! The results were awesome. I've been avoiding this chore for... 2 years? And I'm sorry I didn't try this solution sooner! (Organized Home Challenge isn't dead, yet!)
--- 4 ---
I went for it... I found fabric paints... and went for it. :) Thank you, Pinterest.
--- 5 ---
 It might not be so impressive to some of you... But having everything on this list completed within the past two weeks except the guest room (no guests in the immediate future!)... and I'm quite pleased. Bring on a fun weekend! (And no, my house doesn't look pristine... but I've been working!) I've said it before and I'll say it again: Something is better than nothing.
--- 6 ---
Here's a blog post from Jenny at Mama Needs Coffee... Because, YES. Love is my vocation and it is not efficient! Thanks for the reminder!
--- 7 ---
Here's a bit of sweetness to start out your weekend!
 

6 comments:

  1. We bank at Chase and several of the branches have ATMs where you can choose your bills. Love, love, love. The drawback: You have to go INTO the branch, as they are not offered at the drive-through. First world problem numero dos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chore chart has me majorly impressed! One more thing I can organize!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of G at Lake Michigan. So cute! And your fabric paint onesie is awesome. Way to go, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Miss you dearly!!

      Delete