Friday, September 25, 2015

Take 167

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
We've been taking lots of walks lately--it's a way to keep everyone happy (and I'll be honest, it kills time). BUT! George is officially old enough that I have had to change my route to not include a pass-by of the park... if I don't want to go. Because unhappiness seeps right on in if he gets a gander...
--- 2 ---
Siri absolutely does not understand the word, "We'll". If I dictate, she always enters "We will". Very much a (first world) problem.
--- 3 ---
We went bowling as a family! It was a lot of fun! I also got to learn something new... which is that not stepping on the bowling lane isn't just to keep the wood nice... it's actually covered in oil. When George bolted away from me down lane 20 and Brian was in the bathroom and I was holding the baby... Yes. We all went down. ! Unbelievable. Thankfully, Rowan was fine, though I admit my whole body ached for days... Thank God I was 30 and not 90!

--- 4 ---
We've basically done little to no television with George so far. But, sports tends to be a "Get out of jail free" card. When sports are on, it's like it doesn't count. And I was thinking the other day... if Brian gets sports, maybe I'll apply the "get out of jail free" card to musicals. They don't count as brain-rotting TV, right?! Barbra Streisand, here we come!
--- 5 ---
This week I called Apple. Because I want my Photo Stream to be the same on my devices and I want them to be reflected on my AppleTV screen saver. I have been unable to accomplish this... So I called in. And after almost 2 hours on the phone, I still don't have a solution.

The icing on the cake? When I told the gal that I wanted my MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2 to sync and show up on my Apple TV, the only thing she had to say was, "Weeeelll, that's a lot of devices..." 

Say what?! I'm still in shock. (I was sorely tempted to ask, "Would you like me to buy LESS of your products, then? That might solve it.)
--- 6 ---
I bought the mamajama diaper bag. And I'm singing its praises. Mega sale thanks to to MyHabit brought it to my door... and I'm way prepared. For everything. Even CHURCH!
--- 7 ---
Here's a video from Trinity School at Greenlawn (where Brian teaches), and it's one of my favorites so far:
 

4 comments:

  1. I love that the weather is cooler now and walks with a baby strapped to my chest while also pushing a stroller up hills don't totally exhaust me now :) Those bowling pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never ever call Apple myself. I get my husband too. He often knows more than they do, so last time he directed the guy with what to do... he was still on the phone for a long time though.

    And I think we need to go bowling.

    I also have issues with Siri... and autocorrect always fixes "We'll" to "well". Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I still haven't found a solution!I

      Delete