Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Redheads... Unite!

One of my most visited post is The Question of Redheads. When you're a redhead, you spend a fair amount of time discussing your hair... Both with friends... And strangers. I've never been too bothered by it, but I also didn't realize that I would significantly increase those types of conversations when I married a redhead, and then birthed a redhead. (Seriously, George has had red hair from day one!)
So, the main question remains as to whether we can have non-redheaded children. Brian sent me this link, which is one of the most scientific discussions of this topic that we've found. (There are lots of popular articles about redheads becoming extinct. Ignore them. You're stuck with us.) 

So, I'll leave you with your thoughts... Will we ever have a brunette? A blonde? Am I a GG or Gg? Are you? Will our second baby come out with red hair, too, in just a short 5 weeks or so?? For the record: Brian's assessment is that we have a 91.6% chance of having a redhead.

And while you're at it--How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop???


1 comment:

  1. Jonathan and I have a blue-eyed blonde. Genetics are weird, and cool. Anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete