Friday, June 26, 2015

Take 154

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
We had a fun Father's Day celebration around these parts last weekend! We made it to the Leeper Park Art Fair in downtown South Bend... and we walked away with two of these beauties!
Well, I should say, we walked away with one, and then on Sunday Brian suggested I go back and get a matching one for our dining room table, which I gladly did. The best part? You can keep the flowers on the table when you sit down to dinner and everyone can still see each other's faces!
--- 2 ---
I have been slowly thinking about getting rid of things in our home we're not using and replacing things that are broken with working items... This week, I received our new swiffer, leaving the old one to George, who is beyond excited and I ordered the part to replace our electric griddle drip pan... Got an idea of which one would catch bacon grease better? :)
--- 3 ---
Brian and I have watched some "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" with Jerry Seinfeld. One tidbit that I walked away with is that Brian Regan is one of eight siblings: two comedians, two fire fighters, two school teachers, and two salesmen. WHAT?! Crazy.
--- 4 ---
I tried to make my own enchilada sauce this week. I have to admit, it was VERY easy. I made this recipe. BUT, I think I'll be looking for a different recipe with more interesting spices... Anyone have a favorite recipe they use?
--- 5 ---
This week, I believe George has made his first attempt at transitioning to one nap. Whoa, bessie. It has made the 5-7 p.m. hour quite the adventure, and have found that sitting him down for dinner at 5:30 (even if that means it's while we're cooking dinner), that it's better for everyone. It's hard to believe it... but we're all getting older in this house!
--- 6 ---
At work, we have a pretty standard amount of web conferencing type training sessions. You know... Log on to a web browser, call in, and mute yourself. Only, not everyone can do all three steps. I'm not sure I've ever been on a call without someone picking up their cell phone, answering a knock on the door, or simply being a serenade of typing in the background. It's quite amusing, actually. But, I digress.
--- 7 ---
When I was growing up, skits abounded. One year (I believe at an All Saints Party), Mr. P. sang "I'm a Long Tall Texan" and his several daughters stood in a circle on the other side, singing in high-pitched girl tones all of the response lines, "He comes from Texas, wears a teeen gallon hat!" Well, I've gone another 20? 18? years and never knew that Lyle Lovett actually sang this song. 
BUT THEN, I discovered that so did the beach boys!
I'll be seeing my sisters this weekend (HOORAY!!!) and don't worry, I'll be bringing this up to make sure everyone remembers this performance and confirm that I'm likely the only one who didn't know of it's presence outside of camp skits. Hah. (Oh, to be the baby in a family...)


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment