Friday, May 29, 2015

Take 150

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
This week, Brian finished a (long standing) bottle of specialty vinegar. He made sure to get my attention and show me the end of the bottle, and him disposing of it... Because... He knows me and my finish-it-loving-ways. He really is the best.
--- 2 ---
Speaking of household items, I'd like to take issue with all the little pieces that come with owning a house. Seriously, what is all this stuff? If Brian and I don't know what it is and it ends up in the junk drawer... Shouldn't we just pitch it??
--- 3 ---
Ok, Mamas. Share with me your wisdom in getting your children to brush their teeth. It's not so much that I need to convince George to brush his teeth, but rather to even physically get it in his mouth is ... a war. And I don't have a good solution. Ay├║dame!
--- 4 ---
I feel inclined to share that it feels like there is no magic number or arrangement of pillows that make sleeping with my 7 month pregnant self comfortable. I'm wondering if sleeping in the basement (65 degrees?) is going to be my preferred fate for the summer. Hah. 
--- 5 ---
I got one of those emails from Pinterest today and a photo of a dessert caught my attention. (Honestly, it caught my attention because it looked like it might need a can of evaporated milk, which I happen to have, and have been trying to find a way to use... See #1.) 
Here's the link. Doesn't it seem at ALL logical to anyone that I should be able to find (quickly?!) the link to the main theme photo in the board?! I scrolled and scrolled until I couldn't fathom wasting anymore time on this (completely unnecessary) search. Am I missing something? Do you really have to just scroll until you see the featured photo in a pin in some random location on the board?! 

I digress. 

Recipes-less.
--- 6 ---
I didn't grow up eating ground turkey. It was on sale and I went for it. I made meatballs out of it ... And could not for the life of me get over the idea that my pasta and marinara sauce tasted like... Thanksgiving.
--- 7 ---
In my haste (nesting?) to hem my "stay at home comfy pants", so that they wouldn't drag on the hospital floor (in 9 weeks), I used my sewing machine (circa 1972--Thanks, Mom!) and made quick work of hemming... Unfortunately, I was quickly reminded that my legs are different lengths and now... a mere 12 hours later, want to redo the job. (Thank you, OCD tendencies.) Not sure if my haste was worth it. Hah.

1 comment:

  1. When I have reluctant brushers, I pretend to find crazy things in their mouths and they let me brush as long as I want! "Hmmm... I hear some strange noises coming from your mouth... There's some sort of animal in there! It has biiiiiig ears... And a long trunk... Oh my, it's an elephant!!! Time to rinse and spit to get that elephant out of there!!!"

    And turkey meatballs... Try the Rachel Ray Florentine meatballs recipe - they're AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete