Friday, February 06, 2015

Take 136

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
I had a fun birthday dinner!
I may be kicking myself for not getting a photo of us with Michael and Gina, but it was a lovely dinner of appetizers and a fantastic bottle of wine at Bentwood Tavern in New Buffalo, MI. We recommend it! The restaurant itself had flare (which I appreciated), and we were able to linger and it felt like we were in our own home, relaxed and enjoying it.
The table was cozy, with a large white candle in the middle, the bottle of wine was dipped in red wax, which was actually quite beautiful, we dressed up and could see the marina on Lake Michigan lit up at night from our table... What a treat. Sigh. I like 30 already! 
(How's the explanation for a photo replacement? Not bad?) 
--- 2 ---
Brian got me the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook for my birthday!
Oh, Hooray!
I can't wait to dive in and make some recipes, in addition 
to swooning over all the beautiful photography. What a sweet gift!
Oh, and he got me more pyrex. Because a house needs to have 
sufficient amounts of pyrex for leftovers. Believe us! :) 
--- 3 ---
Believe it or not--ALL of the photos from our house's last listing on the internet are still available. It was very fun to scroll through these and admire all the work that Brian has done to make our home ours and simply beautiful over the past (almost) three years!
--- 4 ---
Speaking of beautiful, I realized that I never showed you one of Brian's brilliant projects in our home--a baby gate! He made it to match our already-existing banister, which means that when you walk into our front door, you're staring at something beautiful, and not something that is only functional. He's so wonderful.
--- 5 ---
Did you know George is walking? He is! He gets very excited as he toddles between furniture and occasionally bites the dust, but very much enjoys this new level of "freedom".
--- 6 ---
In other George news, I think he's a lefty!
It runs in my family and I'm kind of excited about the prospect :)
--- 7 ---
Also, it wasn't from Smitten Kitchen, but I made corn dogs this week.
This has been a long-time wish of mine... Because I LOVE corn dogs. I know. I know.
I can attest that they are best right out of the fryer... like. Awesome.
And they were easy! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment