Friday, January 09, 2015

Take 132

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
Thanks to my Mama for sending along these Advent Calendars this year:


I've never quite seen any like it... and I really loved it!
--- 2 ---
I have made no actual resolution to follow through...
BUT,
someone on Facebook shared this link and I got a little excited.
So, I researched how to best clean my sink (which has a lot of hard water stains),
came up with this blog post,
and 
Voila!
This may look like other people's before posts, but for now, 
it's a step in the right direction for me. 
And, I know what my next step will be... an old toothbrush!
(And yes, I also worked on clearing our counters... It didn't stay perfect, but I made progress!)
--- 3 ---
Dear Facebook,
I realize that you've removed messenger from your app.
Maybe you could actually remove messenger from your app,
so that I stop seeing "We've moved!" with a hampster image every time
I accidentally go to the option on your menu bar.
And no. I won't download your stupid extra app. Thankyouverymuch.
--- 4 ---
George discovered this week that I can snort like a pig.
He's way beyond delighted.
Did you know I was this cool, internet?
He now occasionally looks at me and breaths heavily through his nose,
hoping I'll make a show of my amazing talents.
--- 5 ---
Do you ever run into this? We have songs at church that are written in 4/4 time, but when written, are written such that they mimic another time signature like 3/4?
I very much don't understand why you wouldn't just write that song in 3/4.
Anyone? 

Bueller? 
--- 6 ---
People, we have beautiful snow here.
But actually, more than that... we have biting cold temperatures.
Yesterday, I discovered that the defrost function is useless when it's -4 degrees out.
That windshield, when warmer than the air, will melt the snow and then freeze immediately, ruining your view of the road. It's better to stay cold. Crazy.
--- 7 ---
Brian and I watched The Hundred Foot Journey this week and I had more fun than I've had watching a movie in a long time. Highly recommend it.

Happy Weekend to you!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for an updte on life. Love the counters! My favorite thing is clean counters! I need a cabinet for my growing appliance collection. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED hundred foot journey too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED hundred foot journey too! Happy New Year. I enjoyed taking all my Christmas decorations down and starting the year with a fresh, clean house. It's of course only temporary, but I'm enjoying the break from the impending clutter...😊

    ReplyDelete