Friday, November 28, 2014

Take 127

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
Two years ago, I gave you this post on Christmas music.
I feel like it's worth sharing it again.
Because we can now listen to Christmas music!
If you're me. And maybe you.
--- 2 ---
We had a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Thanks to Brian's parents for hosting and for all of the extended C. family and the wonderful company and food they provided! It did not disappoint.
--- 3 ---
Thanks to the privilege of a few dishes at Beth and Brian's...
I have decided that all kitchen sinks should have a heat vent coming out of the floor board under the sink. Seriously the best reward ever for doing dishes.
Warm toes.
--- 4 ---
I'd like to share this baby product.
I'll admit that the seams are a bit weak between the pant legs,
but I LOVE not having George's little calves exposed to the bitter cold weather.
His pants and socks typically get separated... but NO more.
--- 5 ---
George's new shipment of disposible diapers, which we use at night,
have a very strong "baby powder" smell.
Oddly, this brings me back to 1990's baby dolls.
For some reason, I think some of them had smelly plastic.
Anyone else remember this?
--- 6 ---
We discussed Thanksgiving plans with a group of friends of mine recently and a friend shared that every year their family serves Thanksgiving dinner to those who have no where to go or are otherwise homeless (from what I understood) and then they have their own dinner on Friday every year. I was so delighted by this. It's awesome.
--- 7 ---
Brian and I sat in the kitchen preparing for Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening and I had been really working hard to solve the fact that I was supposed to cook my frozen apple pie without thawing it... But it was in glass! So, I certainly couldn't move the glass pan directly from the freezer into a 350 degree oven... 

I firmly resolved to attempt to "Pop" this pie out of it's pan. (Crazy, right?)
As I held on tight and Brian "knocked" on the bottom, after separating the scalloped edge, we watched, waited and prayed...


And it worked! I was dumbfounded.
And we had an historic high-five and I yelped a glad yell just loud enough to worry about waking my sweet babe... Thankfully, he remained asleep.

I transferred the frozen pie to a room temperature pan (in parchment paper!) and kept it in the freezer until the next morning... when I transferred it back to a room temperature pan before baking it. Success!

1 comment:

  1. Wow about the pie! Maybe if you put the pie in the oven at cold then preheated it...the glas would warm up with the oven?

    Love to see the hat!!

    ReplyDelete