Friday, October 24, 2014

Take 122

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
We had a great visit in Indy!
A fun trip to a local art exhibit... This was cool!

We were sorry that my Mom had to jet to NY to take care of my Grandma and her broken arm, but also grateful that she was able to do that and serve her.
We soldiered on, but we missed her!
 We had one fun evening together before she hit the skies!
--- 2 ---
Another highlight of the weekend, was having a bit of the C. family gathering!
Sean came over to watch the ND game, we heated up fried chicken (wow, so good) 
and even got to video chat with Uncle Patrick! What a treat!
(Love those big C. smiles)
--- 3 ---
One treat of being in my parents house is that even though it's not the 
place of my growing up, it still has pieces that remind me of my childhood days...
--- 4 ---
It'll likely be hard to relay this conversation to you, but on Sunday evening this past week, Brian says, "Peyton Manning is going to break a quarterback record. Do you have a guess as to whose record he will beat?" 
I say, "Umm, the guy from Wisconsin who has a french name 
that we all pronounce incorrectly?" 

Brian looks at me very confused.
"It's Brett Favre."
"Right!" Says I. That's what I said.
Hah. We both laughed.
And then I felt proud for sort of knowing the answer!
I'm learning my football trivia one season at a time :)
--- 5 ---
I don't know if you feel this way, but I put ice in my water glass every time. 
Two cubes.
And I always pitch the bottom of the water glass due to the white flakes.
I just can't swallow those. Even though I know they're in the water anyway.
Irrational, but definitely how I function.
--- 6 ---
Remember how I've become a Craigslist watcher?
Well, when we were in Indy this weekend, I was excited about the "better market"
than South Bend Craigslist and took a gander...

We now have two (almost perfectly sized) room darkening shades!
For $20! (It could've been $10 if I hadn't misunderstood the posting. hah.)
Thanks to the cold I'm fighting, I'll be enjoying those puppies today!
--- 7 ---
I've been thinking about sharing bits and pieces from books that I've been reading, 
so here's my first go at it:
"Whether in solitude or community, whether alone or with others, we are called to live obedient lives, that is, lives of unceasing prayer— “unceasing” not because of the many prayers we say but because of our alertness to the unceasing prayer of God’s Spirit within and among us." -Henri Nouwen (Making All Things New)

 Thanks for hosting, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment