Friday, August 22, 2014

Take 114

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
Brian has been sick. This is the news. It's been the news for quite some time, now, which is really too bad. (Side note: Hooray! Today is the first day without a fever in 13 days!) 
One thing we've discovered is the relief of Tylenol PM. 
Brian was having trouble sleeping, and now he isn't.

The problem is, I'd like to rename Tylenol PM to be LSCS:
Loss of Subtlety with Cover Sharing.
If Brian needs a change of covers, it happens violently and with much weight.
(You know that feeling of so-tired-I-feel-like-a-brick?)
If I need a change of covers (another inch? or two?), I cannot be subtle. 
I must yank and pull.
--- 2 ---
I have already linked to this post once, but I couldn't resist linking again... This time because I wanted to tell you that Auntie Leila taught me that the dryer is the most expensive appliance you run in your home. More proof here. I have to admit, I do a lot of extra heating wrinkles out when I'm not on time to rescue clothes from the dryer...  
I also often forget to empty the lint trap... (which is also a fire hazard).
And now I'm wondering if we could hang sheets and towels 
on a line in our yard in the good weather months... Who am I becoming??
--- 3 ---
Drink of the summer that we've enjoyed.
--- 4 ---
Favorite Amazon review that I've seen in a while.
(I may or may not have been pining for one of those last week...)
--- 5 ---
If I could go back and do it all over again,
I wouldn't use scour pads on our stove.
It really was a pristine stove when we moved in.
And I cook. And I bake. A lot.
And, in all the messes, I tried to truly get it clean.
But, I honestly just succeeded in scouring away the pretty white finish 
so that stains are basically always there... And I certainly regret it.
--- 6 ---
This week I went through my entire "Too small for me" clothes box. This box was not small. I'm very happy to say that the "too small for me" box has become much smaller! And, it's like I have an entirely new wardrobe! 7 months postpartum, you're my favorite!
--- 7 ---
Yesterday I clicked on the "Popular" button on Grooveshark.
About 10 songs in, it played me "In the End" by Linkin Park.
Say what?!
Hello, high school.

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

2 comments:

  1. We have the exact same stove and it was also new when we moved in. Our looks much worse than yours, so you are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got a laundry line in my backyard. I LOVE it. It's weird, but it really does make me feel more human somehow. It continues to amaze me that the sun and the wind really do dry my laundry, plus I feel very housewifely doing it. Usually I just put things out when they're totally wet, but I've also tried this to minimize wrinkles/stiffness and it works: http://thepeacefulmom.com/2012/03/12/living-on-less-than-28000-a-year-save-on-utilities/

    ReplyDelete