Friday, July 18, 2014

Take 110

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
Amazon Prime.
This is how we watch our internet-tv in our house...
Have you ever noticed in the dead of the night after you've gone to bed,
that the page has refreshed on your browser downstairs?
And now that show is replaying...
Into the abyss?
I have. And when I'm home alone, it creeps me out!
--- 2 ---
We have a bird feeder!
Thanks to my Mom's mother's day gift to me,
I now get to see cardinals regularly!
What a treat.
--- 3 ---
We had a lovely dinner with friends this week.
Pete & Sheila gave me two wonderful things to walk away with:
  1. Isn't the ice cream music truck wonderful to drive around and play us nice music?
  2. Old Chub Scottish Style Ale.
Thank you. You two are so fun!
--- 4 ---
So, thanks to the Kindle (and it's syncing with my iPhone), I've read more books this year than last year already! The thing that's occurred to me, though, is that I'm having trouble retaining all the information coming at me. So, I've started a bit of a notepad in my "Notes" on my phone... but I have to admit, that I'm hoping for a better system than that.

How do you collect information that you want to remember? 
(For example, I loved Bringing Up Bebe... and now I'm googling Bringing Up Bebe synopsis.)
--- 5 ---
"Can't win for losing."
Seriously, I understand the meaning.
But I don't understand the actual English of that sentence.
--- 6 ---
This week was the 2014 lifetime bathing suit miracle.
I went to a store.
I tried on 7 bathing suits.
I paid for two.
Picked one.
And that's it.

And I'm postpartum and nursing.
BAM.
--- 7 ---
Thanks to my husband's research, I've bought myself prescription sunglasses 
on the cheap from eyebuydirect.com
Did you know that one "major" change since becoming a mother is that, as much as I love contacts, I really like to be able to more easily lay down for a nap?
I've worn glasses for about 80% of the time since George was born... 
before which I wore contacts about 90% of the time. Shocking.
Visit Jen to see a link to an honoring of Zach Sobiech, a cousin of friends of mine.
Thanks, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment