Friday, July 11, 2014

Take 109

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
This gal is getting really excited to be here.
 We'll be very near to the resort we went to on our honeymoon. 
Did you know that when I arrived to our honeymoon, they told me I needed to have a wrist band on at all times, so as not to get kicked out of the resort?
I almost told them no.
Because, let's be honest, all of the romantic ideas of my honeymoon (and how pretty I would be trying to look) didn't include a plastic wristband.
Don't worry, I chose not to have a tantrum the night we arrived at our honeymoon.
But I came very close. :)

Oh, how perspectives have changed. For a fantastic family vacation?
Would you like me to wear a plastic necklace, too?
I'd be honored. As long as you let me swim in that beautiful pool and 
spend a lovely week lounging around with our awesome family! :)
--- 2 ---
George! He's becoming a Sleeping pro! He's officially up once per night to nurse and I'm getting 4-5 hour stretches at a time. This is life changing. 
So life changing that I'm blogging about it again this week.
Can you handle it? 
--- 3 ---
I'm a fair weather gardener.
If things don't go well... I basically just try again next year...
And don't try to figure it out. This year?
The basil. The tragedies.
I planted many basil plants this year because we love pesto.
All but one simply look terrible.
No sign of a bug.
And I have no idea what happened. (But it's sad.)
--- 4 ---
This week in downtown South Bend, 
I saw a running Jimmy John's delivery man.
He was freaky fast.
No, really, he was running at top speed in downtown South Bend.
I was impressed.
--- 5 ---
Speaking of sandwiches, Potbelly's is coming to Mishawaka!
Oh, heavenly day! The awesomeness!
The Pickles! I didn't know I could miss a sandwich shop.
But I'm excited!
--- 6 ---
I'd like to say that I wish our country had standardized the number keypads for computers and phones. I often confuse the 7 & 1 and the 9 & 3 because, well, they're inverted on computer keypads and phone keypads... 
Usually our standardization is better than that.
--- 7 ---
This week, we couldn't believe he swallowed that bandaid.
Two days later? I was positive he swallowed that bandaid.
And boy, did it give me a good laugh.
Way to go, George's digestive system!
A little confidence booster for starting solid foods soon! :)

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment