Friday, July 04, 2014

Take 108

7 Quick Takes Friday
  --- 1 ---
This week we got pummeled by a storm.
Trees were down everywhere! 
Including right into our neighbors' living room!
I'm glad for everyone's safety... but clean-up certainly is a beast.
(This is not our neighbors' house, fyi.)
--- 2 ---
Speaking of rain, our first floor bathroom is gutted...
Thanks to a poor plumbing job of someone prior to us.
Pinterest, we're coming for you and your bathroom photos.
It turns out that a sink of 20"x12" dimensions is preeetty small.
But, so is our bathroom.
--- 3 ---
This week was a banner week for getting to see people!
We even got to see Joan! What a lovely gathering.
Thanks for hosting, Josh and Mary Claire! 
(We're always happy to see y'all, too.) :)
--- 4 ---
We also got to see my sister Katie and some of her kiddos!
It was a 60 degree day in July at Lake Michigan... with no sunshine.

The long sleeves and pizza kind of gathering.

George decided he'd prefer to stand in his Ergo carrier.


Tot. Hilar. 
--- 5 ---
We've been changing our sleep habits with George and I'm so excited!
He was waking up every 2 hours... and now it's twice per night!
We let him cry and put himself back to sleep...
Unless it's between 1 and 3 a.m., and then I feed him. 
Sleep changes a woman.
And maybe a baby boy.
--- 6 ---
I've also found the perfect iPhone alarm!
Brian graciously offered to cover for a half hour in the morning so I can exercise without George, so the trick is setting an alarm that wakes only one of us up- me.
Chimes is the winner. Low enough to wake me and leave the rest of the family sleeping.

Waking up before George is my new favorite!
Getting the gumption to exercise Monday - Thursday is not.
But I'm going to do it, dang it.
--- 7 ---
Happy Fourth of July!
I hope you're celebrating with friends and family!
We're excited to host Uncle Sean this weekend!
Thanks for hosting, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment