Friday, June 13, 2014

Take 105

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
When was the last time you tried to truly drive 25 mph?
I dare you to try it. It's dang hard.
--- 2 ---
We found a fabulous bench for our yard for $25!
 Iron sides and beautiful wood to boot.
Brian has done beautiful work on it, and I can't wait to put it in our yard!
--- 3 ---
I just finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
What a fantastic book. If you're looking for good non-fiction, I highly recommend it.
--- 4 ---
Here's a quick square foot gardening update:
 
(Here's where we started.)

  • Need more netting up. Chipmunks keep eating strawberries. I would like to "Teach them to swim" as my neighbor Pat would say... She also says, "But, they're not very good at it." heh.
  • Green onions from the store... keep on givin' back.
  • Spinach is finishing up. Still spell spinach spinich way too often for an adult.
  • That blank square? I may never plant lettuce again.
  • Bush beans take over.
  • Chard fights back.
  • Basil needs to grow a lot more...
  • And the rosemary still looks like an alien.
--- 5 ---
Speaking of food... Does any other 90s child remember this doll food?
 The cherries popped in and out.
It was  exciting. Every. Time.
--- 6 ---
This week was my first go at making Amy Z's poppy seed cake!
We'll definitely be doing that again! 
(Always say yes to almond extract.)
--- 7 ---
Dear post-baby hormones,
pipe down.
Neither I nor my husband can believe I have any hair left in my head.
We're sick of cleaning up after me.

Thanks for a new host this week while Jen takes a break!

Oh right. 
And just in case you need to see George

3 comments:

  1. I now realize why people get "Mommy cuts", and it isn't just because it's quicker/easier/harder for your kid to grab. Nope. It's because you go flipping BALD after giving birth! My hair is currently 2 very different lengths since the hair I lost after Sophie is growing back in. I'm afraid to even imagine what it will look like once the whole thing begins again after baby #2. I may have to surrender to the Mommy cut at that point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now realize why people get "Mommy cuts", and it isn't just because it's quicker/easier/harder for your kid to grab. Nope. It's because you go flipping BALD after giving birth! My hair is currently 2 very different lengths since the hair I lost after Sophie is growing back in. I'm afraid to even imagine what it will look like once the whole thing begins again after baby #2. I may have to surrender to the Mommy cut at that point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your garden. I wanted to plant pots of herbs again this year, but I knew my 2-year-old would just pull them all out. I am postpartum, also, and keep losing hair. I desperately need a haircut/new hairstyle. I can't believe I have any hair left to lose!

    ReplyDelete