Friday, May 09, 2014

Take 100!

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
These are takes 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699 and 700!
Yes, I've found 700 things to share with y'all.
 ...
I'm so glad you're still here!
When I began joining in, Brian and I had been married for 2 months!
It's been a great two years, my wardrobe project got more complicated with pregnancy and motherhood and mint.com has been a great success.

Oh, and our wedding thank yous are done.
Sometimes I forget to be grateful for that, but I'm still grateful for that.
--- 2 ---
George is baptized!
Thanks to my Dad for the video:
We're honored to have his Aunt Melanie and Uncle Sean for his godparents.
Welcome to the Christian family, George!
--- 3 ---
I had craigslist success! A $20 immersion blender, which has been on my wishlist for quite some time... all those awesome soups I've made so far?
Yes, I poured soup into a counter top blender--while it was hot!
Talk about risky.
Too bad soup season is over!
--- 4 ---
The garden is getting exciting!
Left to right, back row: Green onions (from the grocery store- hah), cayenne pepper, sweet genovese basil, cilantro, basil (seed) and rosemary.
Left to right, front row: strawberries (flowering!), and the rest in seed form: spinach (sprouted yesterday!), lettuce, swiss chard and two plots of bush beans.

Oh, I'm excited!
(I tried my darndest to find chili peppers because I saw them once in the Greenlawn garden. I didn't find any. But wouldn't they be awesome?!)
They grow up!
--- 5 ---
Did you know her name is Diane Rehm?
It's not Diane Rehms.
It's actually The Diane Rehm Show.
It's not even Diane Rehm's Show.
Wow.
Ok, moving on.
--- 6 ---
This week I found myself curious who gets the job of naming hand soaps.
Dancing waters, really?
Don't get me wrong, I like dancing waters. But, mostly because it smells like grapefruit.
Not dancing waters.
--- 7 ---
Since we've established that George is basically the most important thing about this blog,
I'm happy to say, for my 700th take, that George was in my dreams this week.
It's the first time! He's sewing himself firmly into my world and he's made it into my dreams. Oh, how happy am I!

Congratulations on your book, Jen!
Check it out Something Other Than God here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gazpacho is a super summery soup!