Friday, March 28, 2014

Take 95

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
This week I cornered myself into cloth diapering... You see, we hadn't made the diapering decision enough to buy the next size up... and then I hemmed.
And I hawed.
And then it was too late. 
I must say that it wasn't terrible. But, I did discover that getting those soiled cloth diapers rinsed out and not letting them sit anywhere was the key to not hating the experience.
--- 2 ---
I found out along the way that baby clothes aren't sized for cloth diapers.
Getting that onesie snapped was close to miracle status this week...
Which meant I dressed him in the bigger outfits, that aren't looking so big anymore.
--- 3 ---
This week I made my first ever batch of homemade lemonade.
Wow. Where have you been all my life, fresh-squeezed-lemon-juice?

--- 4 ---
I've been learning about Craigslist by checking it often while I'm nursing during the week. 
Here are some tips for you:
--The "free" section is a great place to see animals. Or their cages.
--"There's nothing new under the sun Craigslist feed."
Those re-posters are getting to me.
--No, your item is not $1.
--I've never met a sofa I like.
--- 5 ---
I saw "Saving Mr. Banks" (so good!) and thanks to Joe and Sarah saw Mary Poppins this week, too.
I've decided to memorize her lullabye
It's just so sweet. 
--- 6 ---
I got a fun calendar for George's first year to fill out from my friend Nichole. It has made me realize that I continue to be confused by calendars. 
I first had this realization when I counted down to our wedding. Is it 1 day left or zero days left the day before your wedding? Does it change after 5 pm?

So the real question I ran into with George:
I thought he was a month old at 4 weeks. 
But, I think it's probably on the same date as his birth. These things are so confusing to me.
--- 7 ---
I think I'm proving my motherhood more and more.
I cried with George when he got his shots this week and I find this video very interesting. :)
Happy Friday!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

1 comment:

  1. A key to cloth diapering I've discovered and sharing wherever I go: put a few drops of essential oil (I use Eucalyptus) on a piece of scrap cloth in the wet bag (or pail). It mostly gets rid of the smell; then just wash it with the diapers. :)

    ReplyDelete