Friday, March 21, 2014

Take 94

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Happy Spring! Oh boy, are we ready...
(Please disregard the fresh layer of snow we got last night...)

George and I have walked every other day for a week, now, 
and some days the temperature really is borderline pleasant...
I look forward to more walks, more hammock time and more fresh air.
Bring it.
--- 2 ---
Remember the blanket I decided to make?

Well, George is here and I haven't gotten much further and Christine gave us such a lovely grey chevron blanket... So, I started a different pattern... One that wouldn't take 60 years. 
--- 3 ---
Remember how I had grand plans to make beautiful  sugar cookies for Christmas? It turns out I was 9 months pregnant and making freezer meals was higher on the priority list.
So, I used St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to go for it.
I was pleased except I made the icing too runny and for some reason the food coloring started to separate and look splotchy. Do you know why that happens? 
--- 4 ---
One of my least favorite times at night, in a dark while nursing, is hearing the flying of stinkbugs approaching the one light in the room--the nightlight, near me, so I can see what I'm doing in the middle of the night.

It gives me the heebie geebies.
I've flushed 3 in the past week, and had one on my robe this morning... 
I sincerely hope those were the last four... right.
--- 5 ---
I got a new iPhone 5s this week! I'm looking for case recommendations...
 My hands are actually just too small for this new phone.
I'm looking for something slim fitting and grippy material, 
so it doesn't slip out of my (small) hand.
--- 6 ---
I made Alisa's orange chicken this week- thanks, Alisa! 
(If you get a chance, check out some of her doodling--so very fun!)
--- 7 ---
Gretchen sent along a link to a blog with beautiful photos this week.
Not only did I find Ann's thoughts helpful and thought provoking, 
she also gave me an itch to pull out the "Big" Camera and remind myself of the beauty around me in my home...


Life is beautiful.

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

4 comments:

  1. Stopping over from Conversion Diary. Those cookies look amazing. Wow. Well done. Good luck with the blanket. I still haven't finished my daughter's baby blanket. . . and she will be two next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary!! I have an iPhone s too.... I like the gel cases that they sell at the verizon store. They are somewhat pliable, but they slip in and out of pockets easily and they don't make the phone any bigger. I got a pretty pink one. Have fun picking one out!m❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tiny feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...stink bugs. I have my husband deal with them and try to ignore them.
    Also...those BABY TOES!! :)

    ReplyDelete