Friday, February 21, 2014

Take 90

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Brian and I have been married for 2 years!
 These two years have been THE most fantastic I've ever had.
--- 2 ---
I've discovered that weekends are not only great for being near my husband for two full days, but also for having some autonomy! It's nice to have a shower or work in the kitchen without waiting for the likely-coming-soon-squeal-from the bouncer seat.
I'm sure the older George gets, the more I'll appreciate this.
--- 3 ---
 Now that I'm a little farther away from giving birth, I've begun to reflect a little...
One silly thing I've discovered...
The hospital bag doesn't matter.
Yes, I procrastinated.
I shouldn't have worried.
Outside of my shower supplies (which were very important!), I used basically nothing from my bag. If we have more kids, I think I'll need only the following:
  •  Shower Supplies
  • Glasses
  • Cell Phone Charger
  • Camera
  • Going home outfit for me and baby
Seriously. That's it. 
Silly Mary, leave your Kindle at home. You'll be exhausted.
On the other hand, I could've used a few more candy bars...
Or maybe a bottle of wine.
--- 4 ---
I'm trying to learn what George doesn't like when it comes to food I'm eating...
I'm pretty sure that tomato sauce might've made the list...
But, in general he does a lot of squirming while he eats...
There's a lot to learn with a new baby! And I'm no stranger to infants!
--- 5 ---
Gina and Michael had their second baby 10 days after George and we got to meet him!
Oh boy, is he cute! It's really fun how many babies have been born in this school year to our friends... Cheers to sharing the next many years at many of the same events!
--- 6 ---
Shout out to Mae and Bridget...
What a fantastic gift from two fantastic women.
Seriously.
Awesome.
--- 7 ---
If you see Mae this week, wish her happy birthday!
She's just the best.
If you see anyone from Trinity next week, wish us happy Midwinter break!
I'm so excited!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys like the onesie, Mary! And thanks for the bday shout out. I think you're pretty much the best as well, so we're even! :)

    ReplyDelete