Friday, February 07, 2014

Take 88

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
I'm surviving motherhood! There are some things I've discovered in the past 11 days...
I might've despised the moment these two Purdue items took residence up in our living room... Now, I'm completely attached. That little pillow? It's exactly the right size for propping up for nursing, behind the head for naps while the baby sleeps, etc.

Suffice it to say, I'm always asking, "Where's the Purdue pillow?!"
--- 2 ---
Another thing I've learned?
That onesies have 3 snaps. Two sides for each.
In the middle of the night, I'm basically incapable of matching them correctly.
--- 3 ---
 I've also learned how awesome it is to have a support system.
We've had many visitors and helpers, but a special shout-out goes to Brian, who had last week off and our Mamas, who have been very helpful.
I've showered daily.
And I'm grateful.
--- 4 ---
Ever since becoming a Mama and enjoying the on-tap Sprite from the mother/baby unit at Memorial Hospital, I've become totally addicted.
I'm working on  my second 12 pack of sprite cans.
Did I mention that I didn't really like Sprite before this?
--- 5 ---
This is by far the most exciting photo I took this week of George:
Quite the face, eh?
--- 6 ---
I've had two afternoons in a row of George sleeping 2 hours in a row in his bassinet during the afternoon nap hours. I sleep in bed next to him and boy, it couldn't make me happier. (Sleeping sans baby is a new novelty!)
We both wake up hungry and well-rested. :)
--- 7 ---
Tomorrow we have the pleasure of hosting Aunt Melanie and Isa
We can't wait for them to chill with us and get to know George.
I'm also completely ecstatic about Brian being home for 48 hours.
Motherhood has created that... 5 p.m. is the best part of any weekday!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you took the time and energy to write this!
    Thinking of you all and praying for all the adjustments in your lives. Just think of everything George is experiencing for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember those days so well. And George has red hair--who'd a thunk it? Your blog is fresh and funny, I'm glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete