Friday, January 31, 2014

Take 87... The BIG Take!

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
I'm a Mama!
We praise God for George Clement!
He is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever.
--- 2 ---
I deleted the BabyCenter App, I deleted the Contractions App (praise Jesus) and now that George has surpassed his birth weight (way to go, Idaho!), I'll delete the nursing app.
It's been quite the journey! 

Props to every woman who has ever birthed a child.
I'm in awe of you. What a crazy ride that was!
--- 3 ---
 When George was born, the family had visited and we were all alone, just the three of us, in the Mother/Baby unit, it seemed appropriate to celebrate... But, with weather being -40 degrees with windchill, I wasn't exactly excited to send Brian out for a treat at 10 p.m. So, I sent him to the convenience shop on the first floor for chocolate.
Never ever in the history of my life did Butterfinger and Milky Way taste SOOO good.
--- 4 ---
Also, the winners of the pool:
1st Place: George's Grandma
2nd Place: George's Marmie
3rd Place: George's Grandmommy
That's right... the maternal instincts run strong!
(I was 4th... but who's counting.)
--- 5 ---
As we drove home from the hospital, I called the sushi restaurant we like to place an order... I listened to the voicemail and reported back to Brian that it was closed on Sundays... "Bummer" he said. We got home and Dad said, "It's Monday!" Mom replied, "Actually, you're all wrong. It's Tuesday."
It might be true that the babies take all your brain powers.
--- 6 ---
I'm tired and the baby is sleeping... so I should be too... So, I leave you with 6 and 7:
--- 7 ---
Thanks for hosting, Jen!

7 comments:

  1. There's a contractions app! I'm checking that one out! Cute pics. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No comments yet?

    It's friday afternoon, so all I can think to say to this marvelous post is YAHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all smiles at your wonder and your joy - remembering my first child as well. What a wondrous experience! And now the fun begins:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Jen's blog. Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait.I'm confused. What does a contraction app do? I thought those things just happened, didn't know you needed an app for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so adorable, I could just eat him up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete