Friday, January 24, 2014

Take 86

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
This week was Grandma Mary's birthday! 
Cheers to the original Mary Seale who made life happen where ever she went!
I might've been hoping Thumper would make an appearance for her birthday...
But not so.  We're all still here...
--- 2 ---
The car seat is in our car and officially inspected.
However, the thing I really learned at the fire station is that the head rests that I have been regularly removing are partially there to protect me from breaking my neck.
So. I happen to be short and the design of all head rests push my head forward and then when I wear a ponytail... it's over. (Such a crick in the neck!)

But don't worry--I found a solution.
I re-installed the head rest. Backwards.
Wish that genius idea was mine... but it wasn't.
--- 3 ---
 Melanie saved the day this week!
She informed me that I could save my concrete brown sugar with marshmallows.
(Which I miraculously had in the house.)
The brown sugar was soft again in a matter of hours.
Amazing.
--- 4 ---
So, naturally, I finished the brown sugar...
Or rather, Sarah B. saved the day and came over and made chocolate chip cookies for me!
And she finished the brown sugar for me.
For the love of cookies, we have frozen chocolate chip cookies waiting for me and Thumper.
--- 5 ---
Tomorrow is 39 weeks and every morning I wake up and am so grateful for a full night of sleep. I practically welcome labor in the morning after lots of sleep and each evening, I beg my body not to make any sudden changes so that I can get a full night's sleep again.

I might be in for a fun transition with an infant, eh?
--- 6 ---
We are in the midst of discovering the beauty of jet-dry.
After 1.5 years of marriage and with half of a pregnancy left, I decided the dishwasher was a weapon worth using. So, we signed up and found out a few months later that the glasses looked dirty... even after a cycle in the dishwasher.

Well, after a few cycles with jet-dry, things are looking up.
I'm kind of relieved, honestly.
--- 7 ---
Discovered this week on Pinterest:
Homemade cinnamon roll pull-apart bread.
Don't you want to just go make it right now??
Yeah... me, too.
But, I guess I'll go to work.

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

PS- If you haven't cast a vote, Thumper clearly hasn't arrived,
so it's not too late. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for brown sugar! Yay for Grandma Mary! Yay for babies coming, --- I see there's a snow coming this weekend, pretty good time to go into labor, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just totally rocked my world with that bit about re-installing the headrest. We bought a Hyundai Sonata two years ago and the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that they have the headrest pushed so far forward. All the new cars do that, and it defies reason. I can only assume that the vast majority of people are walking around with their head and neck improperly aligned, and thus they are incapable of pulling their necks into alignment with their spines, and that feels good. But yes, when the ponytail is in it's all over. I'm going to go try that before I take a long trip in that car tonight!

    ReplyDelete