Friday, December 20, 2013

Take 82

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I did my Sam's Club price checking and bought their 10 lb bag of Domino sugar.
To my surprise, this sugar looked very smooth... nothing like the granules I'm used to.
At first, I was worried I bought an entire 10 lbs of the wrong thing... then I realized, maybe this is just better quality? I'll never know. Unless you tell me.
--- 2 ---
Speaking of sugar, what did I do last night, you ask?
Oh, this:
Just FYI, this may look like a simple thing, but making these cookies and returning the kitchen to its normal, clean state took just about everything this 8 month pregnant woman had to give. :) It was worth it.
--- 3 ---
I called Menard's this week to ask a question. They put me on hold and proceeded to play for me Celine Dion's Ave Maria.
Chew on that. (Is that even Christmas music??)
Wowzah.
--- 4 ---
Brian and I took advantage of black Friday two years ago to get us wedding bands. This year, we took advantage of the sales again and bought me a ring that we can get resized for free for the life of the ring and I can wear while changing sizes with pregnancy and not worry about it getting caught on anything while chasing around toddlers.
Isn't she pretty? Merry early Christmas! I'm so honored.
Also, note to self: keep on applying that hand lotion. wow.
--- 5 ---
I've never been much of a water drinker. BUT, this pregnancy has really changed that. I take in at least 65 oz of water per day. I'm kind of proud of that... the only days I forget are when I'm not at work--and I can tell a difference in how I feel! Crazy.
--- 6 ---
Vacation starts at 3 p.m. today and lasts 12 whole days! I'm ecstatic.
And so very ready to put heels and work clothes away for that whole time.
 (Don't worry, I promise to dress up for Christmas.)
Maybe we'll paint the nursery! Oh so exciting.
--- 7 ---
As an encouragement to myself over break, I've changed my iPhone lock screen to remind myself to... well... not go into my phone and do other things instead:
Thanks for hosting, Jen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, I'm with you: baking takes SOOOOOOO much more time than it looks like it does! all that flour everywhere!

    ReplyDelete