Friday, December 06, 2013

Take 80

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Hello! Thanks to Thanksgiving, I enjoyed a week off from blogging the quick takes and spent a lovely weekend in Michigan with family. Our chalkboard at home displayed some of the thing we're grateful for:
--- 2 ---
I'm also thankful for my sisters! As a surprise, all four of us were able to be together for Thanksgiving and they even put together a baby shower for me! It was a lovely affair and 
I was very honored. Seeing some childhood friends and 
gathering with women in my family was such a delight!
I haven't had a chance to dig through and organize all the wonderful gifts you've given us, but I'm eager to! Thank you for your generosity... I can't wait to put Thumper in the jean hat, the cute PJs and well, basically to meet him.
--- 3 ---
In other Thumper news, the hospital has informed me of the importance of loading my film before things get exciting in the delivery room...


I wouldn't want to miss that photographic moment! 
(FYI, I have much sympathy for things like this slipping through the cracks in the office world. 
But, I still chuckled.)
--- 4 ---
Brian put up our Christmas lights! Oh the joys.
This Sunday we'll get a tree and I can hardly contain myself.
This year, we bought twinkling color lights... the multi-setting kind.
Get excited, people.
--- 5 ---
I went to the bank last week.
They told me that they had holiday money available.
I was delighted, and confused.
"Sure! I'd love money to spend on holidays!"
Oh... you mean you have freshly printed cash that I can pay for and give as gifts?
Oh. hah. I thought you were offering me holiday money. :)
--- 6 ---
Our Christmas tree growing up had several of these ornaments
made by my Grandma Ginger.
They're little reindeer that say, "Squeeze my cheeks and I'll give you a kiss!"
Inside of each, my mama always had Hershey kisses... no matter how often I went back!
I inherited one for our tree, and it looks like I won't have a chance to make more for friends this year... but making them went on my wish list as soon as I found a pattern on the internet. They're so cute.
--- 7 ---
I have a lot of crockpot meals that cook in 4 hours. The problem is that I leave for work at 7:45 a.m. and come home at 5:15 p.m. So, I thought I'd be smart and buy those outlet timers that my Mom used... $8 later, Amazon sent two to my door. Unfortunately, I discovered that unlike my Mom's crockpot (which had a dial), mine was electronic. That means that when the electricity is turned "on" to the crockpot (while I'm at work), no one is there to choose "High or Low" on the buttons. Foiled.
...
Well, I'm delighted to share that at least we haven't turned our Christmas lights on or off once this season because they turn themselves on... 5 p.m. to midnight and 5:30 to 7:30 a.m. Hooray!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

2 comments:

R Sanford - TT said...

My mother used to make those ornaments, too. She also made one as a frog and a giraffe. Fun memories:)

Mrs. Mary Virginia said...

So fun, Ruth! I love it. :)