Friday, November 15, 2013

Take 78

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Brian and I went on a getaway! We decided that the perfect way to celebrate being done with all of my exams was to have a weekend of relaxing together! 
We went to Shipshewana... close enough to be easy to get to, simple enough to walk around and not need to plan the heck out of it and we had a lovely time.
I hope we continue to have weekend getaways!
--- 2 ---
We started reupholstering our dining room chairs!
We bought the fabric many many moons ago and finished A chair this week!
Accomplished we feel.
(5 more to go.)
--- 3 ---
In other news, I've found a new truth to live by:
Eat pesto, check teeth.
Every time.
No exceptions.
--- 4 ---
I have been pretty unsuccessful at remembering to leave time to prep the car before commuting in the morning... I was embarrassed this week, but I did drive this way:
 I swear I could see... a bit.
And I promise to remember to do a better job!
--- 5 ---
Brian and I have been looking into cloth diapering.
We can't believe how many different brands, styles, types etc there are in the world of diapers. It's absolutely overwhelming. I'm so glad Brian is good at research, because I would not do not have the patience for it!
Just hoping to keep the baby's bum as happy as possible.

(Not to mention logistical questions... like do cloth diapering folks use diaper genies? What about when they're out and about? I need a how-to blog... maybe this weekend I'll search.)
--- 6 ---
I have been assured by Brian that the sugar cookie world isn't over after this year 
when our first child is 10 months old...
but this year, I might be attached to "pretty" cookies (with no helping hands) for one more year...
 (Saved ideas from a library book last year)
--- 7 ---
Remember Rus (the groomsman in the middle)? He's the missionary who was in our wedding (the redhead).
Check out the latest and greatest from him and the 
Missionaries of the People of Praise:
Here's the link in case you don't see the video...


Thanks for hosting, Jen!
(I'm sending you to QT3 on her blog... scroll up if you dare and don't mind seeing large photos of poisonous centipedes. Seriously.) :)

2 comments:

  1. If you want help with Cloth Diapers, let me know. I can walk you through what we use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary! I've been doing cloth diapers, too. Let me know if you still have questions - I'd love to help!

    If it makes you feel any better, Nate thinks that they're simple enough that he doesn't understand why more people don't use them.

    ReplyDelete