Friday, November 08, 2013

Take 77

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I'm done! All certification exams for my new job are complete! 
Sometime next week I'll have the title, "Registered Representative". 
Mostly, I'm just delighted to be done and ready for the next big thing: Thumper!
--- 2 ---
In other important news of being done... I finally finished "To Kill a Mockingbird".
I am shocked by how little I retained from that book (at the age of 14--ok, maybe I'm not shocked). I'm so glad that I read it again! 
There's so much substance there and full of humanity.
--- 3 ---
Brian and I took a quick jaunt to the Christmas Tree Store, which was practically a shout out in and of itself to Grandma Mary. (I suddenly understand, after being in this store, how she could have Christmas presents labeled "Male/Female, Age range" that were wrapped at Christmas time... in case she needed an extra gift.

We made it out of the store, not without spending more than we planned, but we happily carried away two bedside lamps, a backdoor mat and new curtains and rods for the dining room.
It changes the room a lot!
--- 4 ---
I often use Sundays as an excuse to indulge in dinner recipes that I couldn't swing on a regular week night. This past week I made chicken pot pie and was struck by how little knowledge I have on rolling out pie dough. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of pie, so it's not something I make very often... So I searched the world of youtube and found a helpful video:
 Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have the problem I have.... that the edges crack and don't stay together. On the other hand, I've been doing a lot of steps differently than she does, so at least I have somewhere to start!
--- 5 ---
In other exciting news, the Karate Kid turned 52 this week.
That's right. I hope you were sitting down!
--- 6 ---
In the world of sweet things, thanks to Gina and a gift certificate to Etsy, I've ordered the earrings I wore for my wedding! I lost them somewhere along our honeymoon and can't wait until they come in the mail! 
--- 7 ---
I mentioned before needing slip-on shoes for every day of the week until this pregnancy is over... Last night I discovered a new conundrum: giving yourself a pedicure.
Ouch.


I think that was the last one I'll do myself before Thumper arrives.
Belly squishing hurts! :)
(PS- I took that photo last night not realizing how hilarious it was until this morning. I look huge.
I promise it's partially a camera trick!)

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

5 comments:

  1. pedicures are a great way to get yourself into labor! Allesha T. and I each went into labor the very day after getting pedicures. So if you find yourself ready & impatient, try going for one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new red curtains look fabulous! And, I love going to Christmas Tree Shoppe. It's like a treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me the next time you're making pie crust and I'll come over and show you a couple tips on minimizing the cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad and I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird also, and we saw the movie on Tuesday night. AWESOME! It was better after reading the book. I'd seen it multiple times before.
    And, Bethanne is a pie queen. You should talk to her if you want to improve.
    Love the angle on that last shot. Wow
    !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the belly shot!!

    ReplyDelete