Friday, October 04, 2013

Take 72

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Meet our baby boy!
We're so excited. He moved! I saw it! I felt it!
It was fabulous.
--- 2 ---
I have told anyone who has asked that baby C. is not getting a bedroom
I mean, seriously. You don't get a bedroom, yet, dude.
Well, I saw his face. I saw him move.
Next thing I knew, pins were going up.
I want to paint the office, set-up the crib and make things.
I'm a total goner. (Who am I?!)
--- 3 ---
I was (im)patiently waiting for October to roll around so that my (used up September) clothing budget would refresh... At the 11th hour, I got two emails from women who had maternity clothing to lend me! I felt very gifted by both those women and the Lord.

I waited! And good things came to me. I'm grateful.
--- 4 ---
We have so many green tomatoes left on our plants, but the weather is simply not being successful at ripening them. I'm beginning to use the orangy ones, but starting to wonder if the best option is to simply pick them all and let them ripen in the house. Anyone know?
--- 5 ---
At work this week, SJ referred to this as our fruit bowl.
She's so fabulous.
--- 6 ---
I'm a whole lotta starvin' these days. I wake up hungry, I eat all day long. I feel like strapping the refrigerator to my back when I leave for work in the morning, for fear that 4 p.m. will come and there will be nothing to sustain me until 5:15 when I walk in the door.

I also caught my profile last night and shocked myself.
Who me? Yeah, baby. That's totally you. Crazy.
--- 7 ---
Thumper is dominating the takes this week, but I guess that does give you an accurate slice of life from our household. I could bore you with Series 7 details, but you can simply know that I'm still studying. I have 19 more days to study.
 
BUT, tonight? Tonight is date night.
Three cheers for my husband who has done all the dishes, shopping, chores and supporting that a husband could possibly do during this time that feels like I'm getting a masters.
(Thank God I'm not and it's over in 2 months!)

By the way, in his ever-increasing-wisdom, Brian proposed at the beginning of these studies that we protect Fridays for date nights and for my having a night off. He is so smart. I love him.

Happy Anniversary, Jen!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for baby boys! :)

    For clothes: http://www.thredup.com/r/XBH99Z
    I've had so much awesome shopping at that website.

    Found you via 7QT and would love for you to check out my blog! I'm doing a giveaway today, too. :)
    www.notesfromheidi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete