Friday, September 27, 2013

Take 71

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
I must be becoming more like Brian--we've joined a co-op!
We discovered the Monroe Park Grocery Co-Op in down-town South Bend through friends and after 3 visits, fantastic produce (one of Aldi's major flaws), I'm sold. For $35 per year, we're Monroe members and I look forward to continuing to get good produce!
--- 2 ---
We bought purple "green" beans from the co-op.

They're so crispy! And when cooked, they're no longer purple! I was shocked.
I felt like I was a kid again with my color changing cup.
Those were so cool.
--- 3 ---
Looking forward to trying this soup for dinner tomorrow 
since we bought fresh poblano chiles, too.
--- 4 ---
Merry Christmas to us! Brian and I have discovered over the past couple of years that our favorite dates have always been live entertainment--whether it's a local play, orchestral music or something else. So... when we heard Stomp was coming to South Bend, we bought each other tickets to see it. (I promise we're sitting together.)

Have you ever seen it? It's so entertaining!

Oh, and I'll be 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant, so if you've heard that we've had the baby before this event, feel free to contact us if you're interested in buying tickets. :)
--- 5 ---
Autumn is here and I'm ecstatic about it. It's my favorite season because you can wear jeans, sandals and a jacket, the air is crisp but the sun is still warm. 
The trees are just the best.

I want to find another way to welcome in the season other than swapping out our mantel photos... which is definitely on the list for this weekend.
Maybe some little pumpkins and gourds for my dining room table? On a cake plate?
(I should be careful--I'm tempted to spend an hour on Pinterest solving this.) 
Lord knows I'm not playing in the big leagues, but I do like some ideas.
--- 6 ---
I have been through a full (boot camp) week of study--my first of four. In the past few weeks I have put in over 40 hours and I'm almost halfway through all the material. In my boot camp schedule, Fridays are my only day off. Fridays are date night. Fridays are no studying.

Friday is my favorite.
--- 7 ---
Three days until we find out if Thumper is a boy or girl!

Rest assured, if we're having a boy, I'm making this.
Maybe red yarn for the beard? :)

Happy Friday! Thanks for hosting, Jen!

3 comments:

  1. Mary Durand9:44 AM

    I love reading your Friday takes, Mary! Can't wait for fall to come in OK. As far as cooler weather, we are in the low 90s, so that is great. But I long for the color change. Our little boy's due date is in 3 days. Such exciting times in life right now! You will love having your upcoming ultrasound and the resulting ability to pray more specifically for that little boy or girl inside of you. Enjoy your Friday with a break, date night, and fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stomp!! So happy you both get to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wish we got fall colors but I like our 90 degree weather at the end of September.

    ReplyDelete