Friday, August 23, 2013

Take 66

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Exactly one week ago today, the blessed IT man came in and set-up my work station at my permanent desk location. I've been there a week, the succulents have moved in and I'm pleased. In the process of chatting with him, I learned an IT acronym... "PEBCAC". 
That means... Problem Exists Between Computer and Chair.
Heh.
--- 2 ---
Since I've always been in love with olives, I've recently discovered a desire for an olive tray to round out our serving dishes for our home. You know... a long a skinny boat where olives sit... Well, I've had $10 options saved in my amazon cart for about a week, when Brian picked me up from work with a $1 glass version from St. Vincent's and a container of super yummy olives from Martin's. Oh, he's wonderful.
--- 3 ---
Speaking of outfitting kitchens... Sometimes you simply just want whatever your Mom had. Every time I cook a whole chicken or turkey, I have no cutting board that can handle it. My Mom has one that is a design full of grooves to catch a lot of juice, rubber feet to keep it from slipping and metal handles to move it. I would like that.
Unfortunately, this is the closest I could find:
Arthur Court Longhorn 20" bamboo carving board
Heh.
--- 4 ---
Melanie sent us the most fantastic card for being new parents:
I love it.
--- 5 ---
As I packed up 1/4 of our fridge's contents into my lunch box reusable grocery bag, Brian declared that his wife was eating more... at which point I realized that I'm always trying to avoid the panic of 2 p.m. hungrer and the fear of being unable to survive until 5 p.m.
Apparently, pregnancy has instilled this fear in me.
--- 6 ---
I've been going to a midwife practice and love this, which they have hung:
I particularly love, "let them bang on pots and pants" and "if they're crabby, put them in water." I'd love to create my own version of this for our home somewhere. :)
--- 7 ---
Tonight's the big night!
Michael, Gina, Stella, Brian and I are all headed to Ravinia to see Lyle Lovett!
 Oh, I can't wait!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

5 comments:

  1. Great list today, Mary. Happy Friday!
    "if they're crabby, put them in water" is so dang true and probably why my kids are always squeaky clean ;) hahaha. bath times cure a multitude of .... problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been shocked by the replacement cost of cutting boards. I think it's a good item to search out at Good Will. I love the grooves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started thrift shopping. Does SVdP have good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meggie! I'm actually no thrift store shopping pro, so I'm not sure how all the different ones compare. I do know that I find it easier to find useful household items than clothing... but I hate clothes shopping in general. :)Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i opened the comment box expressly to say exactly what melanie already said. baths seriously solve everything. all wound up? bath. constipated? bath. grabbed a hot curling iron? (what? that's never happened on my watch... bryan was going for a new look...) right. anyway. BATH!

    ReplyDelete