Friday, August 16, 2013

Take 65

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Our house is lookin' just as good as it did in the 1940s when it was built! Brian has spent a large chunk of the summer stripping and repainting our home. I am so unbelievably pleased with the outcome and proud of his work!

(I can't believe I forgot to take a photo yesterday... this is one that Brian sent me. You get the idea--just imagine white shutters on all the windows that will go back up with the paint is cured a bit more.)
--- 2 ---
Last weekend, Brian and I had a free Sunday (a what? I know. Weird.) and took the day to go to Lake Michigan. I just want everyone to know that I have major direction challenges because the water was always to the east growing up. In Michigan, when we leave the beach, we go EAST. When we go to the beach, we go WEST. I get so confused!
--- 3 ---
Making the transition to my new office, I accidentally left my favorite headphones at the old job. I spent some time using my iPhone 4S headphones... Let me tell you, I'm an Apple lover, but really, when I wear your headphones for 3 minutes and my ears hurt--especially when I smile, I kind of get the wrong message from my favorite company... You know, like, 
"we'd prefer you not to smile when using our products."
--- 4 ---
I've started reading the Life and Health Insurance course book. Reading a text book and underlining in a colored pen is definitely something I haven't done in a while. So far, I've been surprised by how quickly time passes when I finally get into a groove of reading.
--- 5 ---
I've been meaning to show you a sign for a dance studio that has made me chuckle for years: 
I mean, I know it doesn't actually say "Daddy Warbucks", but that's definitely what I "see" everytime I pass by... I mean, he does dance, right?
(Wow. It's been years since I've seen that movie.) 
--- 6 ---
Sometime between tomorrow and one month from tomorrow, I'm supposed to actually feel Thumper. I'd like to put it out there that that will be a whole new level of expecting. I'm very excited for it. In other news, I dreamt last night that someone else had the baby for me (how convenient) and then I left her (Yes, it was a girl) at home while Brian and I went to a meeting. I bet this isn't the last baby dream I'll have...
--- 7 ---
Michael and Naomi are getting married this weekend! I'm looking forward to a weekend of celebrations and getting to stay with my parents!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting, I love baby kicks! Enjoy them, even in the 3rd trimester when it feels like they are dancing on your bladder, lol!
    Suscipio4women
    3-2-1 Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the Conversion Diary with Jen. I really love the color of your house. I'm going to have to snoop around other house posts. :) Have a great weekend. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks fantastic! Great job, Brian!

    ReplyDelete