Friday, August 09, 2013

Take 64

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
For those who didn't see it, Brian and I came out with our biggest family news ever this week. Thanks to the 400 page visits, likes and comments--we feel very loved!
--- 2 ---
I feel like a blog-apology is due. You did not sign up for a Mom blog.
But like it or not, here we are. Giddy-up and welcome to the ride!
--- 3 ---
It's funny how much I've been thinking about it and wanting to share.
I mean, who's body am I living in? I don't actually know. Because this one isn't mine.
Seriously.
I eat all day long. Belly Bands are my new favorite. Second only to elastic-waisted pants.
Think on that. It's pretty awesome.

But my favorite?
Virgin Martinis.
That's right. Straight up olives. (About 5-8 will do me.)
Right after work--you know, happy hour.
Because nothing says happy like sodium packed green olives.
--- 4 ---
Regarding the quick dinner concept from last week (sneakily blamed on the new job--let's be honest, though. "Thumper" takes all I have and by 5 p.m. and I want nothing other than a lounging spot on our living room sofa). This week we came up with shrimp and pasta, chicken stir fry, slow cooked chili and pizza for tonight... Not bad. But, I'm still on the hunt. (BLTs and Eggs & Bacon are on the list so far for next week).

Also, I have found letting your husband make dinner to also work splendidly.
He's so nice to me. 
--- 5 ---
Other news on the job front: I am now a member of the South Bend Rush Minute Club. (Thank you to Margaret for cluing me in on its dubbed name.) I actually have to wait for two rotations of a light to make it out of the left turn lane! Shocking.
[Insert DC-native laughter... here.] 
--- 6 ---
Speaking of Margaret, I was so blessed this week to visit Coiffeur de Margot.
I seriously came home a new person after Margaret cut 2" of my hair.
It was exactly what I needed.
--- 7 ---
The new job transition is going smoothly. My favorite acronym so far (of which there are many) is RRON. That stands for, "Retirement: Ready or Not?" Love it.

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

1 comment: