Friday, July 12, 2013

Take 60

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
A stranger on Facebook made two claims about my husband. 
This picture, compliments of "Tough Mudder", was posted on Facebook:
Claim #1: My husband is buff. That's right, Michael, I agree with you.
Claim #2: My husband is NPH.

Now that we both had to google and found out he meant, "Neil Patrick Harris".
You know--Doogie Houser, M.D.
Which cracked me up, because I loved Doogie as a child.
I love my husband way more.
--- 2 ---
I spent 3 days in Minnesota doing training at Trinity School at River Ridge this week. I discovered that it's good, hard work for all involved. 7.5 hours of talking about how to effectively use a database is difficult for both the speaker and learner! 
 We covered a lot and it was fun to get to work together.
 Sometimes, at the end of a day of training, all you can do is laugh about the turtle outside. 
Is it stuck or laying eggs? We'll know in 9-10 weeks.
--- 3 ---
I did get the privilege of flying to Minnesota.
I can't help but mention that taking your Dramamine pill one minute before your flight is delayed proves you are a novice flyer.

I guess I could've recognized that there was no plane at the end of our gate.
--- 4 ---
Our office plant bloomed!
This is a small miracle because I don't pay much attention to it and I've been attempting to nurse it back to health for over a year. But, it's placed squarely in one of the sunniest rooms of our home and seems to be rewarding us for that.
--- 5 ---
Yesterday, I went for a walk and ran into Sophia. She was about 3 years old and walking around with a gift bag. She eagerly ran up to me and said, "Would you like a beady thing?!" I encouraged her that she was welcome to keep her beady thing and that I didn't need to take her things from her. But, her mother confirmed that she'd been busy all winter and was now on a walk to give them away. 

She looked at me very seriously and said,

"I just have too many!"
Thank you, Sophia, for a sweet lesson in decluttering and generosity. :)
--- 6 ---
This Sunday, my parents have been married for 41 years!
Congratulations to you crazy kids--we love you so much!
--- 7 ---
There are 8 days between us and Joe and Sarah's wedding!
I've been helping with planning and organizing their wedding reception and can't wait to pull it all off! Cheers to being so close to the end!

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

1 comment:

  1. Just love #5. Such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete